Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 20, 2014, 11:50:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657247 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 71 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
Print
Author Topic: Super Tuesday 2! Election primary 08  (Read 62344 times)
Good Intentions

« Reply #425 on: Mar 17, 2008, 06:59:03 PM »

Bruce Springsteen's music is not worth killing someone for.

edit: FUCK YOU pagebreak!
Wally

« Reply #426 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:00:34 PM »

page break fucks YOU!

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #427 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:02:53 PM »

I'd say it's at least worth killing an Australian for

think 'on the road.'
ellaguru

« Reply #428 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:04:32 PM »

I'd kill an Australian AND break the jaw of a regular person for it.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Wally

« Reply #429 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:05:34 PM »

I'd kill an Australian AND break the jaw of a regular person for fun.

Good Intentions

« Reply #430 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:06:14 PM »

I'd cut the funding to grizzly bear preservation programmes for Bruce Springteen's music, but not kill for it.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #431 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE, KIWI

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #432 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:10:29 PM »

You alone were mutinous. You alone reserved in your soul some corner of clemency for the Kiwi.

think 'on the road.'
Wally

« Reply #433 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:12:05 PM »

I"M ANGRY AND SCARED!

elpollodiablo

« Reply #434 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:12:31 PM »

I"M ANGRY AND SCARED!
I have not yet mastered the shift key>

think 'on the road.'
Wally

« Reply #435 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »

I"M ANGRY AND SCARED!
I have not yet mastered the shift key>
Which ones the shift key?

FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #436 on: Mar 18, 2008, 09:10:57 AM »

I'd cut the funding to grizzly bear preservation programmes for Bruce Springteen's music, but not kill for it.

The best part of the big Post article about this was the constant Conrad Burns love. 

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
silentsigh89

« Reply #437 on: Mar 18, 2008, 11:25:28 AM »

quick, someone say something divisive!!@!!

I don't know about you but I would not want a black man in charge of my country,

I am currently posting from Schnecksville Pennsylvania (that's in the alabama part), and I can tell you that this sentiment is not exactly something that people around here are ashamed of announcing.  It is also home to quite a large population of KKK members which might make it easier for people to announce these things in public.

that being said! The efforts in other parts of my great state to re-register independents that want to vote in the democratic party so that they can do so has been going pretty well, according to the people I know that are involved in it. Frankly, I'm not sure areas like mine will end up mattering all that much in the clinton/obama contest simply because there aren't many registered democrats around these parts.
davy

« Reply #438 on: Mar 18, 2008, 11:48:20 AM »

holy cow, who saw that speech this morning? Shocked

i Heart barack.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #439 on: Mar 18, 2008, 12:05:11 PM »

Obama boosters can be knocked over with a feather. He's still gonna get skewered.

think 'on the road.'
DCDave

« Reply #440 on: Mar 18, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »

Obama boosters can be knocked over with a feather. He's still gonna get skewered.

Skewered by who?

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #441 on: Mar 18, 2008, 12:11:15 PM »

The GOP. Talk radio. Fox news. White trash republicans. That "GOD DAMN AMERICA" soundbyte isn't gonna go away just because he poured on the charm.

That being said, I pretty much agree with everything I've heard Wright saying in those clips. Sucks that Obama has to throw him under the bus.

think 'on the road.'
davy

« Reply #442 on: Mar 18, 2008, 12:13:35 PM »

seriously, man, that speech this morning was more than a feather. it's easily the strongest speech of his campaign...and he's had some good ones.

hannah

« Reply #443 on: Mar 18, 2008, 12:13:59 PM »

I haven't yet read a transcript of the speech, but in a perfect world I imagine it going, "George W. Bush has done far more to disgrace the United States of America than the words of Reverend Wright ever will." Oo.
DCDave

« Reply #444 on: Mar 18, 2008, 12:17:29 PM »

Transcript here:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/03/18/america/18obamaspeech.php

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
davy

« Reply #445 on: Mar 18, 2008, 12:29:55 PM »

i think you'll miss a lot if you just read it, though. try to find video of it on youtube....

wait, here it is: http://youtube.com/watch?v=P_9al4IQOhk

i can't speak for the quality...

davy

« Reply #446 on: Mar 18, 2008, 12:30:41 PM »

note: that's not the whole speech. it was like a half-hour long or something.

hannah

« Reply #447 on: Mar 18, 2008, 12:34:37 PM »

Wow, that was a good speech.

. We can tackle race only as spectacle as we did in the OJ trial or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina - or as fodder for the nightly news. We can play Reverend Wright's sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she's playing the race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of his policies.

We can do that.

But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we'll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change.

That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, "Not this time." This time we want to talk about the crumbling schools that are stealing the future of black children and white children and Asian children and Hispanic children and Native American children. This time we want to reject the cynicism that tells us that these kids can't learn; that those kids who don't look like us are somebody else's problem. The children of America are not those kids, they are our kids, and we will not let them fall behind in a 21st century economy. Not this time.

This time we want to talk about how the lines in the Emergency Room are filled with whites and blacks and Hispanics who do not have health care; who don't have the power on their own to overcome the special interests in Washington, but who can take them on if we do it together.

This time we want to talk about the shuttered mills that once provided a decent life for men and women of every race, and the homes for sale that once belonged to Americans from every religion, every region, every walk of life. This time we want to talk about the fact that the real problem is not that someone who doesn't look like you might take your job; it's that the corporation you work for will ship it overseas for nothing more than a profit.

This time we want to talk about the men and women of every color and creed who serve together, and fight together, and bleed together under the same proud flag. We want to talk about how to bring them home from a war that never should've been authorized and never should've been waged, and we want to talk about how we'll show our patriotism by caring for them, and their families, and giving them the benefits they have earned.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #448 on: Mar 18, 2008, 12:35:27 PM »

a view that sees the conflicts in the Middle East as rooted primarily in the actions of stalwart allies like Israel, instead of emanating from the perverse and hateful ideologies of radical Islam.

Oh goody he worked in some suck-ass appeals to solidarity with Israel

think 'on the road.'
hannah

« Reply #449 on: Mar 18, 2008, 12:37:15 PM »

a view that sees the conflicts in the Middle East as rooted primarily in the actions of stalwart allies like Israel, instead of emanating from the perverse and hateful ideologies of radical Islam.

Oh goody he worked in some suck-ass appeals to solidarity with Israel

Blah, yeah. But he also referenced the O.J. trial!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Super Tuesday 2! Election primary 08
Jump to: