Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 19, 2014, 06:07:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657247 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 81 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Your Minor Pathologies  (Read 5207 times)
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #50 on: Jun 07, 2009, 03:15:06 AM »

My friend Brandon is always bad about being willing to turn on the windshield wipers, but he's been particularly bad about it lately because one of his wipers broke--actually, I think this happened like a year ago--and he doesn't want to be bothered to get it fixed. Sometimes I get a bit nervous when we're driving in heavy rain and he keeps turning the wipers off for 30 seconds at a time. On the other hand, I'm the asshole who drove my best friend's band back from Dulles Airport in a driving rain with no windshield wipers at all. Those guys thought we were gonna die.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
likedudewhoa

« Reply #51 on: Jun 07, 2009, 03:16:57 AM »

If the rain is too sparse, I'll just add wiper fluid. I think my obsessiveness has to do with not being the greatest driver under normal conditions, and the fact that my vision is already hampered by my poor contact lens maintenance.

Sure I was a bit snarky, so sorry - but I had this image of you looking over at some fellow driver's rain-spattered windshield, shaking a fist and muttering, "ehhh! just like a man." For my part, I put cream and sugar in coffee when I the only choice is vending machine coffee (and then it's the lightener and sweetener buttons) and use straws whenever I drink a 16 oz.-or-larger can in the comfort of my own home. I like the neon green straws best, then magenta, then orange, then the salmonish pink.

No problem, a little snark is always welcome. I personally have no coffee identity. I'll put different amounts or none at all in at different times. Though, as evidence against black being the only way true badasses take it, I point to Mr. Wolf in Pulp Fiction. And my roommate was trying to tell me that straws were invented to keep lipstick from smearing, something I quickly disproved. Gotta love internet phones.
girl

« Reply #52 on: Jun 07, 2009, 08:38:31 AM »

Black coffee is not for men. It's for people who enjoy the deliciousness of coffee.

this is a story and you're not in it
guavacris

« Reply #53 on: Jun 07, 2009, 11:57:31 AM »

i set my alarm at 4 15 am even though i don't get up until 6. i push snooze for one hour, forty-five minutes. sometimes between snoozes i lay in an active dream world, and go on quests.

Yes. Now I can wake up every 20 minutes or so without the alarm--probably because it annoyed whoever I was sleeping with. I just peek at my phone and think excellent, I can get to the bottom of this dream yet.

It's a little annoying now that most clocks are set automatically, but I like setting my manual clocks for different times. Then I can walk from one room to another and lose or gain a few minutes.

Also, I will not drink from opaque cups made out of hard plastic. Even if it is later transferred to something acceptable like glass or ceramic, shit was done before the cup hit the counter.
davy

« Reply #54 on: Jun 07, 2009, 12:34:34 PM »

I have an uncle who doesn't even put wipers on his car. He's a car dude (runs a body shop) and drives an old thunderbird or something. Puts that rain-ex stuff on his windshield and just repels the water. I've seen it work!

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
dumbfish

« Reply #55 on: Jun 07, 2009, 01:09:22 PM »

Rain X is amazing stuff.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #56 on: Jun 07, 2009, 03:28:02 PM »

Yeah, Rain-X will do the job as long as it's not raining too hard. I'll vouch for that.

Bernard

« Reply #57 on: Jun 07, 2009, 06:43:54 PM »

Also, I will not drink from opaque cups made out of hard plastic. Even if it is later transferred to something acceptable like glass or ceramic, shit was done before the cup hit the counter.

YES! YES! That kind of plastic is WRONG!

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
Airplaneshark

« Reply #58 on: Jun 08, 2009, 03:06:27 PM »

I get anxious when I'm alone in public.

When I go somewhere with my wife, like a store or something, and we get separated for some reason and I can't find her right away I get anxious and start making up insane things in my head like maybe I'm crazy and she doesn't exist and I've made it up all in my head. When I do finally find her I usually decide that we should go home right after we are done with whatever it is we are doing.

These things don't happen all the time. I will go through periods where I don't want to leave the house other than my normal work schedule. Sometimes it's not a problem at all. I used to take medication for social anxiety when I was in school.

Not that big of a deal I think. I just live in my head an awful lot and am a bit reclusive.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2009, 03:10:30 PM by Airplaneshark » Logged
andronicus

« Reply #59 on: Jun 08, 2009, 03:44:02 PM »

You know, some guys don't do things that they see as less "manly," like use umbrellas or put cream and sugar in their coffee.  My roommate refuses to ever use a straw, because "men don't use straws."  I'm not saying that the windshield wiper thing is like that, just that when it happens, that's why I think it annoys me.
Yes.  You got me precisely.  I do not use an umbrella, I do not put cream in my coffee (sugar doesn't detract from manliness), and I do not use a straw or a lid when drinking.  Though I justify it by saying that army officers aren't allowed to carry umbrellas in uniform so I never saw a male relative carry an umbrella.  My coffee habits I take from my grandfather, and the no straw/no lid is a redneck thing that is inexplicable to outsiders.  But yeah they're obviously all superficial gender things, but I cherish them for being that--it's fun to pick and choose the pretty much harmless components of masculinity you can define yourself by.  A lot more fun than turning up your nose at anything with a whiff of testosterone.
mixed cats

« Reply #60 on: Jun 08, 2009, 03:51:41 PM »

I on the other hand drink almost all of my beverages with straws, because I'm too stupid not to spill on myself otherwise. Or I have sensitive front teeth. Or whatever.

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
alistarr*

« Reply #61 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:12:12 PM »

When I go somewhere with my wife, like a store or something, and we get separated for some reason and I can't find her right away I get anxious and start making up insane things in my head like maybe I'm crazy and she doesn't exist and I've made it up all in my head. When I do finally find her I usually decide that we should go home right after we are done with whatever it is we are doing.

ha, i have those weird moments all the time! mostly when i haven't seen someone for a couple of days. it's funny but my response to having that kind of thought is always to withdraw further into my weird little possible alternate reality, rather than just call whoever it is and confirm that (a) they do exist and (b) they do know me.

i'm beginning to think i should stop reading this thread. it's nice to know we have things in common with one another but i'm not sure i can cope with being reminded of too many more weird things my brain does to me.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #62 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:13:40 PM »

I on the other hand drink almost all of my beverages with straws, because I'm too stupid not to spill on myself otherwise. Or I have sensitive front teeth. Or whatever.

Yes, but you're a girl, so this is as it should be. [ Wink ]

Airplaneshark

« Reply #63 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »

ha, i have those weird moments all the time! mostly when i haven't seen someone for a couple of days. it's funny but my response to having that kind of thought is always to withdraw further into my weird little possible alternate reality, rather than just call whoever it is and confirm that (a) they do exist and (b) they do know me.

i'm beginning to think i should stop reading this thread. it's nice to know we have things in common with one another but i'm not sure i can cope with being reminded of too many more weird things my brain does to me.

Yeah, same thing man. It would make too much sense to call someone and just verify I'm not crazy. Instead we just get crazier.
andronicus

« Reply #64 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »

Every time I read one of your posts & find it interesting/insightful/funny I go to make with the reply and the only thing that comes out is something like: YOUR CATS!  THEY ARE MIXED! 
mixed cats

« Reply #65 on: Jun 08, 2009, 05:39:52 PM »

One of those cats is now also really into chewing on/stealing my straws, which is not good because I keep having to shoo him away. Last night he spilled an entire glass of water all over the couch and my back because I wasn't paying enough attention.

(I should be used to this: I've had ferrets for more than half my life, and climbing on tables to spill beverages is basically their number one priority.)

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
Aglaya

« Reply #66 on: Jun 08, 2009, 06:35:15 PM »

MY CAT LOVES STRAWS.
Seriously, if there is a straw, she must bite it, and if possible go crazy on it.

Twurt away, merry horse-scorpions of the internet.
Aglaya

« Reply #67 on: Jun 17, 2009, 12:17:49 PM »

Feet.  I have a minor pathology concerning feet.  I've been working on it, and have gotten to the point where I can touch my own feet fairly comfortably, but I can't stand to have other people's feet anywhere near me (unless they have shoes on, which the logical side of my mind says should be much grosser than bare feet, but so far I can't convince the parts of me that get revolted and uncomfortable around bare feet that that's the case), and I feel uncomfortable having someone else touch my feet.  I got a pedicure once, and though, again, the logical side of my brain knew that my feet were not approaching the kind of bad feet pedicurists probably deal with every day, I felt guilty for making her touch my feet.  It was really uncomfortable.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #68 on: Jun 17, 2009, 01:26:31 PM »

I find it kind of stunning that at one point you were apparently afraid of your own feet.

dumbfish

« Reply #69 on: Jun 17, 2009, 03:16:24 PM »

Think about it, though.
They're always right there, man.
Watching you.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
Aglaya

« Reply #70 on: Jun 18, 2009, 12:38:03 AM »

Not so much afraid of, just kind of revolted by.  The idea of touching them grossed me out completely.  Cutting toenails was always fun.

davy

« Reply #71 on: Jun 18, 2009, 12:41:04 AM »

One of those cats is now also really into chewing on/stealing my straws, which is not good because I keep having to shoo him away. Last night he spilled an entire glass of water all over the couch and my back because I wasn't paying enough attention.

Be glad it wasn't milk. Or coffee. Or urine. Finn has passed all these spillage milestones.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
diesel_powered

« Reply #72 on: Jun 18, 2009, 12:41:59 AM »

Mazel tov!

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
cold before sunrise

« Reply #73 on: Jun 18, 2009, 05:39:11 AM »

does an abnormal joy of folding laundry pass as a problem?

hey miss aglaya girl, you absolutely need to learn to love your feet and own those bras. do you have any idea how many steps they take you every day? at the very least you owe them a massage and pedicure every week. do it yourself if you're cheap. please, love your feet! they deserve it.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
Aglaya

« Reply #74 on: Jun 18, 2009, 12:40:32 PM »

I am working on it.  It's just that years of ballet made them really ugly, and genetics made them kinda sweaty, and ugly sweaty things are hard to love.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: Your Minor Pathologies
Jump to: