Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 24, 2014, 09:40:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657250 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 80 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: To Tweet or not to Tweet? Is twitter useful?  (Read 30315 times)
diesel_powered

« Reply #75 on: Sep 04, 2009, 02:39:10 PM »

Okay, now I'm following most of you. TWURT TWURT, MOTHERFUCKERS.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
diesel_powered

« Reply #76 on: Sep 04, 2009, 04:00:48 PM »

What's the preferred twurting iPhone app?

elpollodiablo

« Reply #77 on: Sep 04, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »

I like Twittelator a lot. Worth the $5, IMO.

think 'on the road.'
mixed cats

« Reply #78 on: Sep 04, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »

i've gone back and followed everybody i wasn't following yet
internet creep creep creep

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
girl

« Reply #79 on: Sep 04, 2009, 06:20:57 PM »

Mixed cats, I never really comment on your twurts, because I'd be doing it every day, but I really love getting pictures (and stories) of Linus.  Heart

this is a story and you're not in it
mixed cats

« Reply #80 on: Sep 04, 2009, 06:42:51 PM »

Thanks!! Linus would facepress you with his appreciation!

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
girl

« Reply #81 on: Sep 04, 2009, 06:47:02 PM »

I would facepress him right back. I think he would understand that means I like him.  Very Happy

(Also, I was having lunch with my mom on the mouse ears picture day. She laughed!)

clare

« Reply #82 on: Sep 04, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »

Oh goodness, I don't  twurt, but sometimes stalk (don't have an account) what greg says, and I was looking at mc's linus pics, but I've forgotten to lately. thanks for the reminder!

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
diesel_powered

« Reply #83 on: Sep 04, 2009, 11:33:14 PM »

Yeah, the Linus photos are pretty epic.

hannah

« Reply #84 on: Sep 05, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »

I don't Twitter I Facebook Status Update
heather marie

« Reply #85 on: Sep 05, 2009, 02:33:52 PM »

What's the preferred twurting iPhone app?

I hate paying for apps so I've used the following: Twitterific, TweetDeck and TwitterFon. I like TweetDeck & TwitterFon the best, but they have their flaws.
diesel_powered

« Reply #86 on: Sep 05, 2009, 06:54:02 PM »

I'm trying Twitterfon at the moment. The ads are lame and the UI is nothing to write home about. I'll probably try tweetdeck next before just buying something.

diesel_powered

« Reply #87 on: Sep 05, 2009, 09:00:08 PM »

So other than the ones mentioned above, are there any other exceptionally entertaining twurts I should be following?

heather marie

« Reply #88 on: Sep 06, 2009, 11:51:23 AM »

I'm trying Twitterfon at the moment. The ads are lame and the UI is nothing to write home about. I'll probably try tweetdeck next before just buying something.

Yeah Twitterfon didn't always have the ads, so I stopped using it as much.
diesel_powered

« Reply #89 on: Sep 06, 2009, 12:10:26 PM »

Yeah, so TweetDeck is pretty sweet and as far as I can tell, free of ads. I tried out another one Howl or Hoot or something and it was basically like Twitterfon without ads. Really, the only thing I'd add to TweetDeck is a landscape mode. (Is it really that hard to add a landscape mode to apps?? Why don't more have one? Am I the only one that finds the keyboard cramped and awkward in portrait mode?)

elpollodiablo

« Reply #90 on: Sep 06, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »

If you're really going to be using it a lot, it's worth the $5 for Twittelator. It's got all the features of Tweet Deck plus a few more, the UI is really a pleasure to use, and yes, it does have landscape mode. It's very intuitive and highly customizable.

*Note on TweetDeck: I find its GUI to be too busy, and every time you load it you're essentially loading three pages within the application. It's not as snappy as Twittelator, and it's much more cluttered.

think 'on the road.'
girl

« Reply #91 on: Sep 06, 2009, 12:25:14 PM »

Mike, I thought you had a Blackberry. When did you get an iPhone? For my Blackberry, I tried TwitterBerry and the Viigo Twitter app, but the one I like best is UberTwitter.

diesel_powered

« Reply #92 on: Sep 06, 2009, 12:39:19 PM »

I have a Blackberry and an iPod Touch. I usually use the Touch around the house because it's kind of a universal remote for the TV and is easier than digging up the laptop. I'd really be able to control everything with it if the damn IR transmitters weren't so obscenely expensive. Also, if I could tether my Touch to my Blackberry for internet, I'd be poised for world domination. I just got TwitterBerry and it's okay. Viigo is kind of sluggish for me. I'll have to give UberTwitter a try.

I'll probably end up buying Twittelator when I can justify it more financially. (Read: when I'm not broke as a joke and haven't spent $12 on apps already this week.) I gotta say, I'm kind of unhappy about the fact that everything in the iTunes store seems to be conforming to the Apple Tax. I'm not opposed to people getting paid for their work and there are a few apps that are so useful/excellent that they merit the cost, but it seems like in any other operating environment, 90% of the little apps I have would be either free or shareware.

El_Josharino

« Reply #93 on: Sep 06, 2009, 11:28:10 PM »

Most of you already realize this, but mine is the same as I am here.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Nick Ink

« Reply #94 on: Sep 08, 2009, 01:41:44 PM »

? You pay ?

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #95 on: Sep 08, 2009, 01:46:20 PM »

I have a Blackberry and an iPod Touch. I usually use the Touch around the house because it's kind of a universal remote for the TV and is easier than digging up the laptop. I'd really be able to control everything with it if the damn IR transmitters weren't so obscenely expensive. Also, if I could tether my Touch to my Blackberry for internet, I'd be poised for world domination. I just got TwitterBerry and it's okay. Viigo is kind of sluggish for me. I'll have to give UberTwitter a try.

I'll probably end up buying Twittelator when I can justify it more financially. (Read: when I'm not broke as a joke and haven't spent $12 on apps already this week.) I gotta say, I'm kind of unhappy about the fact that everything in the iTunes store seems to be conforming to the Apple Tax. I'm not opposed to people getting paid for their work and there are a few apps that are so useful/excellent that they merit the cost, but it seems like in any other operating environment, 90% of the little apps I have would be either free or shareware.

I had a Palm Centro for a while, and the software for that thing was laughably overpriced. Like $20+ for bullshit like cellphone games and VNC clients.

think 'on the road.'
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #96 on: Sep 08, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »

? You pay ?

It's a specialized app for his phone. Twitter itself is free.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
diesel_powered

« Reply #97 on: Sep 08, 2009, 03:06:11 PM »

I had a Palm Centro for a while, and the software for that thing was laughably overpriced. Like $20+ for bullshit like cellphone games and VNC clients.

Yeah, and most of the shit for the Blackberry is free. And you don't have to sift through every asshole's basic iPhone programming project to find something that works and has a reasonable UI.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2009, 04:20:04 PM by diesel_powered » Logged

coldforge

« Reply #98 on: Sep 08, 2009, 04:12:31 PM »

Resolved: blackberry is better than iPhone!

č l'era del terzo mondo.
donblood
« Reply #99 on: Sep 08, 2009, 04:31:36 PM »

push email son, i always b hustlin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: To Tweet or not to Tweet? Is twitter useful?
Jump to: