Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 25, 2014, 05:02:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657253 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 70 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Print
Author Topic: spoilery breaking bad thread: NOW WITH MORE SPOILERS  (Read 29390 times)
RoyBiggins

« Reply #325 on: Aug 01, 2012, 03:02:10 PM »

Seeming a bit cartoony = "BURNIN' ALL MY METH MONEY LULZ!"

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Chet

« Reply #326 on: Aug 06, 2012, 08:43:28 AM »

last nights was a bit slow.

skylar saying she was sitting tight waiting for the cancer to come back was a great moment though.

"You need to put some clothes on and eat some food."
jm

« Reply #327 on: Aug 06, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »

skylar saying she was sitting tight waiting for the cancer to come back was a great moment though.

I thought Skylar's bit in this one was overall a lot better in this one than in basically any of the rest of the series.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
milly balgeary

« Reply #328 on: Aug 06, 2012, 11:36:10 PM »

The tone of this show changing, from anti-hero tragicomedy to dark alley way moon

jebreject

« Reply #329 on: Aug 07, 2012, 07:38:57 AM »

Other than that awful bit with the cars in the cold open, this one was beautifully shot as well. Though not.a surprisee when it's directed by Rian Johnson.

Thought the episode was pretty great overall.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
jm

« Reply #330 on: Aug 07, 2012, 08:52:50 AM »

Other than that awful bit with the cars in the cold open, this one was beautifully shot as well. Though not.a surprisee when it's directed by Rian Johnson.

Thought the episode was pretty great overall.

Yeah, the Dubstep Car Sequence was pretty crap.

jebreject

« Reply #331 on: Aug 07, 2012, 09:25:31 AM »

Man, how haunting was that shot with Skyler in the background, out of focus, slowly slowly slowly entering the pool?

dieblucasdie

« Reply #332 on: Aug 07, 2012, 09:44:48 AM »

I thought Skylar's bit in this one was overall a lot better in this one than in basically any of the rest of the series.

Yeah IAWTC. I even thought Marie was OK! The bit with her and Hank in the car was funny.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Ashley

« Reply #333 on: Aug 07, 2012, 10:28:15 AM »

i was drunk when i watched the latest episode and my friend had already seen it so i spent a lot of time saying saucy things to the tv.  especially when skylar was standing by the pool.

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
elpollodiablo

« Reply #334 on: Aug 08, 2012, 08:29:37 AM »

I haven't had a chance to watch Sunday's yet, but there's a going conversation among some friends from grad school on FB that basically holds this to be one of the worst episodes of the series.

think 'on the road.'
Greg Nog

« Reply #335 on: Aug 08, 2012, 08:39:06 AM »

45 minutes of Jesse Pinkman singing "I will always love you" as he carries Walt through the rain
Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #336 on: Aug 08, 2012, 09:13:18 AM »

my friends all thought it was the best of the season, if that's worth anything. me, i'm pretty lukewarm toward the whole season so far.

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
jebreject

« Reply #337 on: Aug 08, 2012, 10:45:45 AM »

I haven't had a chance to watch Sunday's yet, but there's a going conversation among some friends from grad school on FB that basically holds this to be one of the worst episodes of the series.

My brother hated it, because "nothing happened."

I think he's wrong. I think it was the best of the season so far; it's got those small character moments that I love, that I think this show can really excel at, and uses Skyler better than she's been used probably ever, and hey, Anna Gunn is not actually a terrible actor. I agree w/ Bluke as well: even Marie was good here. And we had Walt, Jr. showing up WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN BREAKFAST. And Walt was amazingly creepy and horrifying throughout. It seems to me like some people have trouble with the idea that he's becoming the show's antagonist; they still want to root for him, they still want him to win and have these against-all-odds victories. Which, well, you're missing the fucking point.

I would be interested in hearing what your friends are saying, Pollo.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #338 on: Aug 08, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »

Basically SOOOOO BORING LOL

Public school, what do you expect

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #339 on: Aug 08, 2012, 01:03:02 PM »

Jeez guys I'm sorry not every episode has explosions

« Reply #340 on: Aug 08, 2012, 07:07:59 PM »

my problem isn't that i still want to root for walt, it's that i want to have someone to root for -  i'm getting bored of watching walt be 'evil', hour after hour. it's kind of getting to the point where, we get it, he's bad, you don't need to end every episode by pointing out this like it's some shocking twist.

milly balgeary

« Reply #341 on: Aug 08, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »

I thought it was a completely ghastly episode. Just made me feel awful about myself for liking Walt.

jebreject

« Reply #342 on: Aug 08, 2012, 11:43:31 PM »

my problem isn't that i still want to root for walt, it's that i want to have someone to root for -  i'm getting bored of watching walt be 'evil', hour after hour. it's kind of getting to the point where, we get it, he's bad, you don't need to end every episode by pointing out this like it's some shocking twist.

I root for Jesse, while knowing that he's probably not going to make it out alive, the poor son of a bitch

« Reply #343 on: Aug 09, 2012, 06:21:45 AM »

so do i, but, as i said after last week's episode:

now that they've established jesse as the hero of the show, why give so little screentime to his relationship with andrea?

and also just to him in general, i guess

Chet

« Reply #344 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:41:52 PM »

breaking bad has been dumb before but that is perhaps the fucking dumbest it has ever been.

jesse coming up with a genius madcap plan to get them out of a hole once was ridiculous enough, doing it twice in the space of weeks is outrageous.

and i know the area was remote but, really, having a digger digging big fuck off holes by a railway and not getting noticed?

plz don't do this breaking bad.

Chet

« Reply #345 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »

the ending was good though. i wasn't expecting that from landry at all.

jm

« Reply #346 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:15:20 PM »

jesse coming up with a genius madcap plan to get them out of a hole once was ridiculous enough, doing it twice in the space of weeks is outrageous.

and i know the area was remote but, really, having a digger digging big fuck off holes by a railway and not getting noticed?

While I agree that overall this was a weak episode, I disagree with both of these. I find it more unbelievable that Jesse is just Totally, Utterly Incompetent. Like, the way he was written for the first 3ish seasons. And why *would* they be noticed, digging the holes? The area is supposed to be remote as hell anyway, right? Don't get me wrong - the train robbery thing was goofy enough. It's more of what I hated from S1 and 2, where Walter knows exactly what to do and pushes things past the limit to get what he wants at (or beyond) the last second.

jm

« Reply #347 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:19:51 PM »

I think my biggest lols was actually with the interrogation scene, where Jesse is suddenly a leet hacksor somehow.

Chet

« Reply #348 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »

While I agree that overall this was a weak episode, I disagree with both of these. I find it more unbelievable that Jesse is just Totally, Utterly Incompetent. Like, the way he was written for the first 3ish seasons. And why *would* they be noticed, digging the holes? The area is supposed to be remote as hell anyway, right? Don't get me wrong - the train robbery thing was goofy enough. It's more of what I hated from S1 and 2, where Walter knows exactly what to do and pushes things past the limit to get what he wants at (or beyond) the last second.
The problem is that Jesse was written as totally, utterly incompetent but now we have him conjuring up elaborate plans in his head where Walt, and Mike, who are more much more intelligent than he is have nothing.

A train heist makes sense in the world of Breaking Bad, it's just the way that they got there that bothered me. I audibly groaned when Jesse spoke up during the debate on if it could be pulled off.

jm

« Reply #349 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »

The problem is that Jesse was written as totally, utterly incompetent but now we have him conjuring up elaborate plans in his head where Walt, and Mike, who are more much more intelligent than he is have nothing.

A train heist makes sense in the world of Breaking Bad, it's just the way that they got there that bothered me. I audibly groaned when Jesse spoke up during the debate on if it could be pulled off.

Yeah I guess what I'm saying is that the way he was written before is totally unbelievable to me, so I'm not holding the writers to that. I think writing him like a believable human is a step up (revolution)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: spoilery breaking bad thread: NOW WITH MORE SPOILERS
Jump to: