Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 24, 2014, 09:39:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657250 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 80 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25
Print
Author Topic: Checkoutmyblogaboutmydog (Pet thread: TNG)  (Read 38090 times)
peacocks

« Reply #550 on: Jun 20, 2012, 12:04:40 PM »

It was really late when I thought about it but when I woke up this morning there were 2 little poops and one little pee in the litter box. I talked to someone else and they said if they are old enough to walk around on their own then they are pooping on their own too.

dick-check your priviledge
ausdemfenster

« Reply #551 on: Jun 20, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »

No mamma to be found, skinny and mangy, lots of fleas. I'm keeping them in my bathroom until their vet appointment and washing my hands every time I touch them but I'm still a little afraid me or my cats will get it.

You can always get a flea comb and go to town with a Kitty Beauty Parlor session! A sink full of warm water and Dawn detergent is the best way to get fleas off of kittens that tiny, and you can comb off any additional fleas that make it up to the kittens' heads while you're bathing them. Just make sure to drown all fleas with extreme prejudice so they don't jump to you or migrate to your cats.

Also, we're going to need photos of these kittens.
peacocks

« Reply #552 on: Jun 20, 2012, 01:21:09 PM »

Yes, tonight we bathe. And I may give my other two cats a bath as well. HahahahabahababaAAAHAHAhaha!

Ashley

« Reply #553 on: Jun 20, 2012, 01:35:09 PM »

Also, we're going to need photos of these kittens.

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
peacocks

« Reply #554 on: Jun 20, 2012, 06:03:46 PM »

ze kittens. I have tentatively named them as follows from left to right:
apache, english, buster (buster has no tail)

buster and english have homes they will go to as soon as tomorrow. Apache, who is a bit of a loner, doesn't have anyone to take him/her yet. I've been telling a bunch of people though so I'm sure someone will at some point. I'm going to give them all baths now. I have never in my life given a cat a bath.

peacocks

« Reply #555 on: Jun 20, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »

I did two of them but started freaking out about spreading mange and wondering if I did it right so my friend is coming to help with Apache. I used 7th generation dish soap and warm water in my kitchen sink. Buster is pretty dry now but I'm worried about English because the mange is the worst. I think they will be ok, they lasted this long outside in the rain all through last week. Ahhhh

Ashley

« Reply #556 on: Jun 20, 2012, 07:13:02 PM »

looook at their tiny little heads!

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
ausdemfenster

« Reply #557 on: Jun 20, 2012, 09:43:27 PM »

Apache reminds me of my own antisocial gray cat, so of course that's my favorite. You're doing excellent work saving these tiny problems from the elements and finding them homes! Foster cat high five!
peacocks

« Reply #558 on: Jun 21, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »

Sad news. Got home from yoga and dinner tonight and found buster barely able to walk or hold his head up. Took him to the emergency vet, he started having seizures on the way. The seizures got worse and he started having diarrhea all in his towel. The vet gave me an estimate for tests that was $800 and said it could possibly be rabies. I had to put him down. They gave me his body in a box and I have to take it to a lab kinda far in the morning to have him tested for rabies. If he had it the other two have to be put down too. They all have ring worm.

I am very sad and worried.

jess

« Reply #559 on: Jun 21, 2012, 01:10:15 AM »

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that! Much Love I hope it's not rabies—fingers crossed for the other kittens.
clare

« Reply #560 on: Jun 21, 2012, 07:50:04 AM »

:-( that's so sad peacocks. They're such cuties. hugs from here.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
Greg Nog

« Reply #561 on: Jun 21, 2012, 08:58:39 AM »

Oh, peacocks, I'm so sorry to hear that.  You're still giving them so much more of a fighting chance than they would have otherwise.
Anne the Man

« Reply #562 on: Jun 21, 2012, 06:38:53 PM »

Ohhh poor kitties Sad I'm sorry, cocks. Hugs.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
El_Josharino

« Reply #563 on: Jun 22, 2012, 02:18:39 AM »

Aw man. Rooting for Apache and English extra hard over here.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
peacocks

« Reply #564 on: Jun 22, 2012, 12:26:29 PM »

Thanks guys! Man. I just had to take English to my vet for the same symptoms buste had, but they were able to stabilize her and she had low blood sugar and was hypothermic. I had them bundled in towels in a box but I wasn't feeding them enough and should have been using a bottle. I feel REALLY BAD. They played with me and ate on their own so I thought they were ok. I feel neglectful Sad but it looks like English is going to be ok and its not rabies and apache is ok but I want to rush home and make him/her warm and shove food into the belly with a bottle ASAP! Ugh emergency overnight vets suuuck. I should have listened to David Sedaris' parents and stuck them in he oven for a few minutes.

G.C.R

« Reply #565 on: Jun 23, 2012, 08:41:53 AM »

Dude, I can totally understand you feeling bad but there really is no call to - you are looking after lost kittens! that's like the opposite of neglectful! I hope English feels better soon.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
elpollodiablo

« Reply #566 on: Jun 23, 2012, 01:23:18 PM »

You're awesome, cocks! Good on you for taking care of the little ones.

Today I'm wondering if Velcro would eat chicken as long as I kept offering it to him. Like, if there's a point of satiation or whether he'd just keep eating until he died, like a goldfish.

think 'on the road.'
clare

« Reply #567 on: Jun 23, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »

'pollo, I reckon he'd explode first!

peacocks, that's great news about it not being rabies! Now you know the problem, you can fix it. You're doing a good thing here.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
peacocks

« Reply #568 on: Jun 23, 2012, 11:49:20 PM »

English died this morning after going home with a co worker of mine last night. He took her to the vet and she had low blood sugar again but they couldn't get it back up. Apache is with me still, the friend who was going to take him changed her mind because she found out she was allergic to him- she said she is allergic to some cats and not others. he's doing ok, eating regularly and wanting a lot of attention, but it's stressful always worrying. I called my co worker to see if he wanted apache since English died but he had already gone to the humane society and gotten another cat.

G.C.R

« Reply #569 on: Jun 24, 2012, 01:06:12 AM »

Oh, that is sad. I hope you can find Apache a nice place and that he can have a really happy ime after such a rough start.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
alex

« Reply #570 on: Jun 24, 2012, 04:56:33 AM »

I'm so sorry, peacocks. Best wishes for finding a place where Apache will hopefully live a happy and healthy life!
peacocks

« Reply #571 on: Jun 24, 2012, 11:24:34 PM »

the friend with allergies took the kitty back! She's gonna see how she does with Apache for a few days and try to find a home if it is too much. The good thing is she doesn't work on week days so even if she doesn't end up keeping apache she will be able to pay her a lot more attention than I will while I'm at work all day. Apache is eating more and demanding food and attention, which I think are good signs. I don't think baths can cause low blood sugar but I don't think I'll ever give a cat a bath again.

Greg Nog

« Reply #572 on: Jun 25, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »

Deeply digging Linus's tribble noise
mixed cats

« Reply #573 on: Jun 26, 2012, 08:51:42 AM »

He was just doing that! Now we are snuggling. But I really want to get up and eat breakfast. Aaaagh why does he have to be so sweet?

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
peacocks

« Reply #574 on: Jun 26, 2012, 02:07:17 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Checkoutmyblogaboutmydog (Pet thread: TNG)
Jump to: