Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 17, 2014, 02:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657230 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 78 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]
Print
Author Topic: Joss Whedon's New PG13 Supernatural Thing for Teenagers (TV thread)  (Read 19337 times)
jm

« Reply #500 on: Oct 26, 2010, 01:51:29 PM »

Man, I have to wait until damn ass JULY for more Breaking Bad?

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #501 on: Oct 26, 2010, 02:24:39 PM »

i watched the first season of afro samurai on netflix the other day. it was bizarre and really violent and pretty to look at. i dunno if i need more of it ever, but it was an alright way to kill 2 hours.

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
jm

« Reply #502 on: Oct 26, 2010, 02:38:05 PM »

I felt the exact same way about it.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
heather

« Reply #503 on: Oct 26, 2010, 10:55:39 PM »

Have you seriously never seen it before h-dogg?  I never got the Dawn-hate.  She's the little sister; she's supposed to be annoying.  Like, the entire point of the character is that she's annoying, but you're stuck with her, even if her origin makes zero sense, so I love that show bore that out on a barely-meta level.

I totally have. Watched on the teevee when it was running, used to own the dvds. I'm re-watching the series, so I guess I have myself to blame... I just loathe Dawn's presence. For me, she does not need to be there and adds nothing to the story line. That time could be dedicated to Tara and Willow being all adorable and witchy.

I went to the BSG exhibit at the EMP today and now I feel the need to stop BtVS and start BSG. But I can't find the miniseries online anywhere. The series is streaming on Netflix, thankfully. But it is so tense, and I kind of want fluff but GOD DAWN HULK SMASH BOOM FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

"Oh, you're talking about a cock donut. Why didn't you say so."
Greg Nog

« Reply #504 on: Oct 27, 2010, 08:37:29 AM »

Terriers continues to be great, and I can't stop whistling/listening to the theme song.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #505 on: Oct 27, 2010, 10:02:31 AM »

threado nuevo:

http://www.lastplanetojakarta.com/forums/index.php/topic,12899.0.html

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
fishjim

« Reply #506 on: Jan 22, 2011, 11:23:28 PM »

I just started watching 'Slings & Arrows', which coldforge had recommended me. Some very funny moments, and I'll definitely try to find time to keep on with it.

Tried to watch the first episode with friends over the weekend. Technical difficulties intruded before the show's rhythm and humor could establish itself, leading co-watchers to doubt their understanding that this was indeed a comedy. I don't think they'll try again. Oh well.

You're right to suggest that it takes a while to hit its stride, and the humour is quite understated. By the end of the second episode, I started to really enjoy the way certain peripheral characters (like the camp theatre critic, for example) were being rounded out.

Late to the table here, but wanted to say Slings & Arrows is far & away my favorite TV drama.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011, 12:40:16 AM by fishjim » Logged

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Joss Whedon's New PG13 Supernatural Thing for Teenagers (TV thread)
Jump to: