Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 16, 2014, 06:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657220 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 239 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Generation Null: LOL(some)conservatives Thread  (Read 13555 times)
Thermofusion

« Reply #350 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »

SOPA: so crazy even Ron Paul is against it

triple paisley minimum
Chet

« Reply #351 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:19:59 PM »

isn't Ron Paul just against everything apart from guns and McDonalds as a matter of principle?

"You need to put some clothes on and eat some food."
Thermofusion

« Reply #352 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:33:53 PM »

Man this debate is boring. It shot its wad in that awesome opening smackdown of John King.

triple paisley minimum
dieblucasdie

« Reply #353 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:21:04 PM »

Clearly what happened to Rand Paul today is the greatest miscarriage of justice in the history of our country

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Anne the Man

« Reply #354 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:27:39 PM »

Wall Street rubbing their hands in glee and mocking OWS and going 'lol we're criminals'

One of the most openly disgusting things I've read about recently. These people are evil.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
Babar

« Reply #355 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »

Clearly what happened to Rand Paul today is the greatest miscarriage of justice in the history of our country

I wouldn't go that far but TSA is one of the blacker stains on civil liberties in America.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
jm

« Reply #356 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:07:07 PM »

I dunno.  There're some pretty good contenders.  It's definitely one of the brownest stains, though.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
Antero

« Reply #357 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »

It's certainly a problem and an embarrassment, but he sure as hell wasn't "detained" or anything like that.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
Thermofusion

« Reply #358 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »

There's another debate tonight?

triple paisley minimum
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #359 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:23:21 PM »

Yeah I don't think much one way or the other about rand paul or this situation, but I wanted to point out that TSA is fucking awful. In DC they're unprofessional and screwing around, which is good in some ways because, yeah, I get through quicker, but also bad because I don't want to die. I watched them one morning when I was going through and literally the lady didn't look a single time at the xray monitor to see if there was anything in the bags because she was joking around with this other guy.  At least during I went through and the few people around me, she really didn't look at the screen a single time.  DC is probably a place you want them being careful.

Then in buttfuck Billings, MT, the TSA is insane!  It's a bunch of dropouts on a power trip.  I get my bag rifled through and my nuts fondled every time I fly out of there.  I fly out of Atlanta and DC pretty regularly and I'm never hassled like I am in Montana.   

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
Antero

« Reply #360 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:54:21 PM »

It's all security theater.  Entirely immaterial to actual safety.

fishjim

« Reply #361 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:03:29 PM »

The shit K has had to go through just to carry pumped breast milk home on a plane is insane. It's like the TSA's policy is to oppose basic decency at every level.

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
DCDave

« Reply #362 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:11:57 PM »

Yeah I don't think much one way or the other about rand paul or this situation, but I wanted to point out that TSA is fucking awful. In DC they're unprofessional and screwing around, which is good in some ways because, yeah, I get through quicker, but also bad because I don't want to die. I watched them one morning when I was going through and literally the lady didn't look a single time at the xray monitor to see if there was anything in the bags because she was joking around with this other guy.  At least during I went through and the few people around me, she really didn't look at the screen a single time.  DC is probably a place you want them being careful.

Then in buttfuck Billings, MT, the TSA is insane!  It's a bunch of dropouts on a power trip.  I get my bag rifled through and my nuts fondled every time I fly out of there.  I fly out of Atlanta and DC pretty regularly and I'm never hassled like I am in Montana.   

Dulles or National?

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #363 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:37:56 PM »

Oh, yeah, TSA sucks balls, I was just LOLing at the fact that, of course, when a white conservative dude gets mildly inconvenienced, it's a CONSPIRACY and an ASSAULT on LIBERTY

I mean TSA is a joke, but it's not even like the 20th blackest stain
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2012, 08:39:47 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

Babar

« Reply #364 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:17:46 PM »

Quote from: Ron Paul
What we're doing and what we're accepting and putting up with at this airport is so symbolic of us just not standing up saying: Enough is enough! I know the American people are starting to wake up but our government, those in charge, congress as well as the executive branch are doing nothing. [...] Right now, we assume that government is always going to take care of us and we are supposed to sacrifice our liberties.

Quote from: Barack Obama
At this point, the Transportation Security Administration, in consultation with our counterterrorism experts, have indicated to me that the procedures that they've been putting in place are the only ones right now that they consider to be effective.

DCDave

« Reply #365 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:21:31 PM »

Quote from: Ron Paul
What we're doing and what we're accepting and putting up with at this airport is so symbolic of us just not standing up saying: Enough is enough! I know the American people are starting to wake up but our government, those in charge, congress as well as the executive branch are doing nothing. [...] Right now, we assume that government is always going to take care of us and we are supposed to sacrifice our liberties.

Quote from: Barack Obama
At this point, the Transportation Security Administration, in consultation with our counterterrorism experts, have indicated to me that the procedures that they've been putting in place are the only ones right now that they consider to be effective.

Quote from: Barack Obama, 2010
against the kind of threat that we saw in the Christmas Day bombing.

Bing bong

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
Antero

« Reply #366 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »

Oh, yeah, TSA sucks balls, I was just LOLing at the fact that, of course, when a white conservative dude gets mildly inconvenienced, it's a CONSPIRACY and an ASSAULT on LIBERTY

I mean TSA is a joke, but it's not even like the 20th blackest stain
Real talk.  Want to see abusive and unjustified searches and detentions?  Go to New York and be black.

Thermofusion

« Reply #367 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:33:54 PM »

Anyone else watching the debate? Mitt and Newt just spent like ten minutes basically arguing over the definition of lobbying.

triple paisley minimum
Babar

« Reply #368 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:36:30 PM »

thanks for completing the quote, antero. it's so absurd since the president is the one that should be protecting civil liberties, not giving the go-ahead to violate them.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #369 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »

Ya boy Ron Paul is cool with the government-forced junk-probing as long as the junk belongs to ladies though:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/post/ron-paul-hates-invasive-government-but-supports-state-mandated-sonograms/2012/01/11/gIQAcikYrP_blog.html

Babar

« Reply #370 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:58:11 PM »

Thanks for that and in this case I absolutely disagree with Ron Paul's position on that matter. This doesn't change Obama's position on the TSA though, which is a much graver situation in my opinion.

Anne the Man

« Reply #371 on: Jan 23, 2012, 10:10:10 PM »

Yes, but we don't have to play Oppression Olympics about which issue is worse; both candidates have fairly shit positions on many things. I dunno, this reminds me of when a friend of mine quoted something nice Clinton said about gay rights and said "this is why I love Hillary" under it. I mean, really? One nice thing about LGBT makes you love a woman who is part of an administration that wages unconstitutional wars and signed the NDAA? There are plenty of people saying the correct things Ron Paul says minus his racism and sexism, and as Blucas pointed out, his inconsistency.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #372 on: Jan 23, 2012, 10:48:54 PM »

Getting hassled at the airport is a "grave situation"

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #373 on: Jan 23, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »

I mean yes it's all theater and a pain in the balls but a slight inconvenience in your consumer experience is a pretty fucking lame place at which to draw a line in the sand

think 'on the road.'
Babar

« Reply #374 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:11:51 PM »

There are plenty of people saying the correct things Ron Paul says minus his racism and sexism, and as Blucas pointed out, his inconsistency.

And who out of those people have a chance of becoming president? Not that I think Ron Paul is sexist, racist and most definitely not inconsistent but you can have that opinion. What matters are the big issues and except for RP, all the candidates including Obama have pretty much the same policy about how things should go about in the USA. RP wants to stop unconstitutional wars, stop violating civil liberties in the name of 'security', bring the troops home, end the Federal Reserve, end the war on drugs and move much of the legislation authority out of DC and to the states. All of these issues wouldn't even be talked about if Ron Paul wasn't running because Obama/Romney have pretty much the exact same position on all of them. If you like their position better, then vote Obama/Romney. I know Obama uses the word 'change' a lot in speeches but saying it won't do anything, Ron Paul promotes real change with his issues and that's what counts.

x-post: slight inconvenience? there are so many places where that line could be drawn though and none of them are lame if your civil liberties are being violated

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Generation Null: LOL(some)conservatives Thread
Jump to: