Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 18, 2014, 09:56:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657245 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 83 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: xmas!  (Read 5414 times)
cold before sunrise

« on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »

the gym i'm starting with after the new year had it's staff party this past weekend (where 600 health and wellness people were doing things that were anything but, like hot-boxing the conference centre wheelchair bathroom) so it's getting to be that time of year. let's get seasonal! this is the thread for all things holiday related.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
coldforge

« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:09:27 PM »

nuts 2 ur goyish holiday

č l'era del terzo mondo.
Ashley

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »

today i sent my brother (in calgary) a text message all "are you coming home for christmas?  please say you are".  this is the first year both of us have been away, and the first year i'm only home for 10 days rather than 3 weeks, so i'll be more okay with packing my days full of family stuff rather than dreading being expecting to do family stuff for 3 weeks.

a couple of years ago we were out to a family dinner at a restaurant and we got into a family fight, then my brothers and i met up at a bar and got really drunk and both of my brothers ended up at the hospital for being drunk and falling down too much.  everyone was okay though.  my mother was horrified but i think it was a really amazing bonding experience, because now my mother gets all sad at the memory but my brothers and i give each other sly little smiles.

there are pictures where one of my brothers is getting my other brother to hug me, then my brother falls down ... and starts doing pushups.  i am looking forward to more memories like this, although less memories of hospitals.

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
Ashley

« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »

this is also the first time in 6 years that i've have cable (roommate pays for it, i wouldn't bother).  television commercials, what the fuuuuuuuuuuuck.   christmas is not a competitive sport, chill out.

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
milly balgeary

« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »

nuts 2 ur goyish holiday

I bet if I made a jewish crack, I'd get in all sorts of ...

Babar

« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »

nuts 2 ur goyish holiday

usury?

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
jebreject

« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »

nuts 2 ur goyish holiday

maple syrup?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
milly balgeary

« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:44:43 PM »

Yup!

The_Tourist

« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2011, 11:17:53 PM »

i'm playing in a sloppy, stupid christmas punk band. our first show is friday and it's going be the most festive train-wreck you've ever seen.

we have the money for missiles and fun
elpollodiablo

« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2011, 11:26:01 PM »

Man I freaking love the holidays. Really looking forward to having a kid to enjoy them with.

think 'on the road.'
Chet

« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2011, 12:30:02 AM »

i'm gonna go out at my dads for a couple of weeks. do some reading, write an essay, eat a shit ton of food.

although my dad has just informed me that he has moved in with some woman. she has a 14 year old kid. so we'll see how that goes. kind of sucks, because he was with his old girlfriend for years and i liked her, oh and also.......no bella  Sad Sad Sad

"You need to put some clothes on and eat some food."
dieblucasdie

« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2011, 01:17:32 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jqmgS-mUEA

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
peacocks

« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2011, 01:56:44 AM »

i'm playing in a sloppy, stupid christmas punk band. our first show is friday and it's going be the most festive train-wreck you've ever seen.

I'm going to the florida's dying annual christmas party and most of the acts are like that every year, it's so much fun! Have a blast! I've been missing out on a bunch of shows lately because I've been trying to be better at work but maybe I'll take off a few days here and there around christmas for the shows since I'm not doing anything out of town.

I'm playing my first orchestra concert in 8 years next week. It's the cheesiest, most christmas-y thing in the world and it is going to be awesome. I've never played in a real orchestra with strings and I've never played to back up a 100+ choir, so it'll be something. We're doing something like 15 pieces O_O

dick-check your priviledge
Bernard

« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2011, 02:06:08 AM »

Man I freaking love the holidays. Really looking forward to having a kid to enjoy them with.

it is literally THE BEST
literally

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
The_Tourist

« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2011, 02:08:36 AM »

I'm going to the florida's dying annual christmas party and most of the acts are like that every year, it's so much fun! Have a blast! I've been missing out on a bunch of shows lately because I've been trying to be better at work but maybe I'll take off a few days here and there around christmas for the shows since I'm not doing anything out of town.

I'm playing my first orchestra concert in 8 years next week. It's the cheesiest, most christmas-y thing in the world and it is going to be awesome. I've never played in a real orchestra with strings and I've never played to back up a 100+ choir, so it'll be something. We're doing something like 15 pieces O_O

we have 14 songs, but most are under a minute and two of them only have one chord.

you definitely win at musicianship, but i'm gonna win at getting drunk and falling into the crowd.

we have the money for missiles and fun
peacocks

« Reply #15 on: Dec 06, 2011, 02:41:04 AM »

I love those those songs! this is the amazing band I am seeing at that christmas party:

http://youtu.be/V8Y5WzOiVYE

this was their first show, at one of their friend's wedding reception after party. I flipped my shit when they started singing this song.

dick-check your priviledge
kadiekatRN

« Reply #16 on: Dec 06, 2011, 04:40:07 AM »

Whoa, Miles--was your baby born already or is she due before xmas? Man, that went fast!
nonotyet

« Reply #17 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:57:43 AM »

I am having two Christmases this year, one with a family that I actually like all of the members of and one with, well, my family, minus my sister who is broke because of her car troubles and can't travel from Colorado to Wisconsin. This will deprive me of Tiny Niece In Ridiculously Adorable Christmas Outfits Action, but will give me an excuse to send her things in the mail. And beings that last Christmas nearly sent me to the closest psychiatric hospital and I actually don't have to spend more than a few hours with my step-relatives this year, things can only get better.  
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2011, 09:59:51 AM by nonotyet » Logged
elpollodiablo

« Reply #18 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:59:16 AM »

Whoa, Miles--was your baby born already or is she due before xmas? Man, that went fast!

Nah, not until the end of January. Just looking ahead.

think 'on the road.'
cold before sunrise

« Reply #19 on: Dec 06, 2011, 10:13:13 AM »

cool for christmas cards?

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
mixed cats

« Reply #20 on: Dec 06, 2011, 10:55:48 AM »

Thus begins my parents' house transforming into this wonderful mess.

Hopefully I will get to go to Storybook Land in the next couple of weeks.. It is absolutely my favorite thing to do at Christmas with little kids. I'd be going with my cousin and her three kids - there's only those three kids under ten now but there will be like a dozen adults and none of us care because we wrap ourselves in scarves of nostalgia.

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
Bernard

« Reply #21 on: Dec 06, 2011, 12:04:30 PM »

itreallyisquitealotofstuff

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
kadiekatRN

« Reply #22 on: Dec 06, 2011, 02:02:03 PM »

Nah, not until the end of January. Just looking ahead.

Definitely consider getting D something to help her stay comfortable these last couple months.  My favorite bday gift this summer was a prenatal massage!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #23 on: Dec 06, 2011, 02:18:08 PM »

Man that's a great idea! I was trying to figure out what else to get her for Xmas, too.

think 'on the road.'
hannah

« Reply #24 on: Dec 07, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »

I have no clue what to get anyone—my mom, my brother, my nephew, my cousin's twins—this year. I don't even know what to give Jacob, who is pretty easy to buy for because he has genuine hobbies (cooking, gardening, birding). And I love giving gifts far more than I care about receiving them, so having no ideas is total torture.

Maybe I should focus on writing my damn papers, then worry about this. Oy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: xmas!
Jump to: