Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:33:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657247 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 74 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: So RANDOM only a modern millionaire with a sinister plan could understand!  (Read 18655 times)
Nick Ink

« Reply #125 on: Feb 29, 2012, 09:10:58 AM »

I just found this, from a 70s school textbook, and I can't stop laughing

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Greg Nog

« Reply #126 on: Feb 29, 2012, 10:18:58 AM »

I like how the one on the right looks like Muttley from Wacky Races!

mixed cats

« Reply #127 on: Feb 29, 2012, 10:22:11 AM »

Muttley you snickering floppy eared hound / when courage is needed you're never around! Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest / should be there for bumbling at which you are best!

stop that pigeon (doo doo doo doo)

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
davy

« Reply #128 on: Feb 29, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
mixed cats

« Reply #129 on: Feb 29, 2012, 10:34:11 AM »

Now SHIRT TALES?!

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
davy

« Reply #130 on: Feb 29, 2012, 10:39:54 AM »

I'm a Digger fan. I even have a vintage Digger lapel pin that I wear when I want to look extra classy.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
edison

« Reply #131 on: Feb 29, 2012, 10:54:41 AM »

I just found this, from a 70s school textbook, and I can't stop laughing

This is amazing!
Greg Nog

« Reply #132 on: Feb 29, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that an actual chimp playing the child?
hannah

« Reply #133 on: Feb 29, 2012, 12:11:04 PM »

A brilliant bit of journalism: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-29/wall-street-bonus-withdrawal-means-trading-aspen-for-cheap-chex.html

The malaise is shared by Schiff, the New York-based marketing director for Euro Pacific Capital, where his brother is CEO. His family rents the lower duplex of a brownstone in Cobble Hill, where his two children share a room. His 10-year- old daughter is a student at $32,000-a-year Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn. His son, 7, will apply in a few years.

“I can’t imagine what I’m going to do,” Schiff said. “I’m crammed into 1,200 square feet. I don’t have a dishwasher. We do all our dishes by hand.”

He wants 1,800 square feet -- “a room for each kid, three bedrooms, maybe four,” he said. “Imagine four bedrooms. You have the luxury of a guest room, how crazy is that?”

The family rents a three-bedroom summer house in Connecticut and will go there again this year for one month instead of four. Schiff said he brings home less than $200,000 after taxes, health-insurance and 401(k) contributions. The closing costs, renovation and down payment on one of the $1.5 million 17-foot-wide row houses nearby, what he called “the low rung on the brownstone ladder,” would consume “every dime” of the family’s savings, he said.

“I wouldn’t want to whine,” Schiff said. “All I want is the stuff that I always thought, growing up, that successful parents had.”
Greg Nog

« Reply #134 on: Feb 29, 2012, 12:16:15 PM »

I don’t have a dishwasher. We do all our dishes by hand.”

Oh man, that sucks.  But why doesn't he just have the maid do the dishes?
Ashley

« Reply #135 on: Mar 02, 2012, 06:15:54 AM »

Looking for a place to live is hard.  There's so many different kinds of places you can live.  How am I supposed to know where or what kind of people I want to live with?

I kind of want to move into a cheap, temporary place for the summer and prime my friends for moving into a shared place for September.  Moving is expensive, but if I save money that's okay in the end right?

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
Babar

« Reply #136 on: Mar 02, 2012, 06:47:44 AM »

Move to Luxembourg!

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
Ashley

« Reply #137 on: Mar 02, 2012, 07:10:30 AM »

Well, I have some sense of "where" I want to live, as in, downtown Toronto.  But more like "where" as in "man Little Italy is cool but anywhere north of Dundas and east of Bathurst in that area is kind of awkward to get to my school to" and "I don't know if I really want to live in Chinatown" and "Roncesvalles is so rad but 45 minutes is a far way to go if I want to invite people from school over for a beer".

Being able to invite people in without having to think about it too much would really improve my social life.  This also means I want a place with a living room, right?  I might be a kitchen party person but hanging out in the kitchen all the time might be weird with roommates.  What if they just want to make some tea in their jammies?  But I really like hanging out in kitchens, so ideally I would like a place with at least a table and some chairs in the kitchen.  Living room and kitchen combined would be cool too. 

Oh but look there's a cheap room in a rooming house.  Can I live in a rooming house and just take over the kitchen?  Is that rude?

All my life I have had a hard time inviting people in because I am too considerate of the other people I live with.  I feel like I just want to live in a social communal house without communal meals or too many hippies and without people who stress if I don't leave my room for three days and might be dead.

auto-da-fey

« Reply #138 on: Mar 02, 2012, 11:29:31 AM »

FWIW, I really like living in Chinatown in my city. the food situation rules so hard.
Ashley

« Reply #139 on: Mar 02, 2012, 11:56:36 AM »

but its sooooo many people alllll the time

elpollodiablo

« Reply #140 on: Mar 02, 2012, 01:30:38 PM »

At work coding a Lil B internet filter, will report back when finished

think 'on the road.'
fishjim

« Reply #141 on: Mar 02, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »

That's gonna be like the Great Firewall of Ohio.

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #142 on: Mar 02, 2012, 03:03:16 PM »

It's about three feet high and mostly keeps out people with English degrees

think 'on the road.'
Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #143 on: Mar 02, 2012, 04:13:16 PM »

It's about three feet high and mostly keeps out people with English degrees

hey-o!

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
jess

« Reply #144 on: Mar 02, 2012, 04:19:53 PM »

I am camped out until at least 6pm in my dept's building on campus, with Calliope, because there are severe tornado warnings. My apt doesn't have a basement I can access, and a bunch of other grad students (and some of their pets) are here too, so it's sort of weirdly fun too. Callie seems to be doing pretty ok, considering. She's just chilling on my desk for now, but later she'll go back in the carrier when we have to go to the tornado safe zones for a bit. Apparently regardless of tornados, we are going to have 70 mph winds and heavy hail. Fun fun.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #145 on: Mar 02, 2012, 04:27:27 PM »

Crazy! I could see how that might be a little fun & exciting in addition to being a pain in the ass, though. I hope Calliope isn't too stressed. 

We're also sort of in the path of it, but in typical Oxford fashion, it's been mostly Drang and little Sturm. They've been blaring the goddamn sirens every twenty minutes or so for the last two hours, even though we're just under a general tornado watch until 9pm. It seems like most of these heavy weather systems only graze this town, for whatever reason. Even Velcro seems unconcerned, and he's usually the first to freak out during storms!

think 'on the road.'
jess

« Reply #146 on: Mar 02, 2012, 04:53:26 PM »

She is doing pretty ok, given the situation, just chilling on my desk for now. She looks a little wtf is going on, but I think since right now it's just us in my office, she's ok enough. Will be less fun for her when/if we go to the basement and there are dogs around, but hopefully if we do, it won't be for long.

Apparently the warning has been extended to 9pm. Good thing I have a stash of research snacks. And that I brought some vodka when I went to get the cat.

Shit I think that's the alarm. Time to go!
El_Josharino

« Reply #147 on: Mar 02, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »

Oh man, I heard about those storms in your area from one of our customers who is in the area. Apparently there's stuff like that all over Kentucky and lots of Tennessee. We had something like that a couple summers ago where I actually couldn't get out of my neighborhood for a few hours because of so many downed trees blocking roads. With the super mild winter I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of crazy severe storms this summer.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
jess

« Reply #148 on: Mar 02, 2012, 06:13:31 PM »

Tornado warning is over, back to alert. That was anti-climactic, but I guess that's a good thing. Callie was pretty chill around the dogs downstairs and only hissed a couple of times when they started getting close, but otherwise just hung out in her carrier and got lots of petting. I also drank a shot of apple flavored vodka which reminded me why I'd never do such a thing in non-tornado warning times. We are staying here for a little while longer since the area is still on alert, but will head out by 8pm most likely.
Ignatius

« Reply #149 on: Mar 02, 2012, 07:28:27 PM »

Crazy! I could see how that might be a little fun & exciting in addition to being a pain in the ass, though. I hope Calliope isn't too stressed. 

We're also sort of in the path of it, but in typical Oxford fashion, it's been mostly Drang and little Sturm. They've been blaring the goddamn sirens every twenty minutes or so for the last two hours, even though we're just under a general tornado watch until 9pm. It seems like most of these heavy weather systems only graze this town, for whatever reason. Even Velcro seems unconcerned, and he's usually the first to freak out during storms!

Oxford got hit really bad a few years ago, though, so I understand the overly cautious approach.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: So RANDOM only a modern millionaire with a sinister plan could understand!
Jump to: