Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 18, 2014, 02:11:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657245 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 83 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Print
Author Topic: So RANDOM only a modern millionaire with a sinister plan could understand!  (Read 18541 times)
elpollodiablo

« Reply #400 on: May 05, 2012, 10:55:45 PM »

fb means that I don't notice when people I'm friends with there, aren't around on here...

Yep! Same here. Maaik does indeed seem to be doin alright, though

think 'on the road.'
Nick Ink

« Reply #401 on: May 06, 2012, 07:22:45 AM »

I want Maaik to record a new late night LPTJ song on his guitar! Before he becomes famous and forgets us.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
ellaguru

« Reply #402 on: May 09, 2012, 11:09:26 PM »

I just replaced my 15 year old Ikea coffee table & end table, so my living room is now entirely un-college-kid-y. Which I suppose it's about time, but I'm a little intimidated by it, truth be told.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Thermofusion

« Reply #403 on: May 10, 2012, 12:17:59 AM »

The first couple pieces of "nice furniture" I bought made me feel kind of weird about myself. Like, I don't deserve this awesome dining room table or this bitchin' couch--the unsteady card table and the ratty old futon are fine!

triple paisley minimum
ellaguru

« Reply #404 on: May 10, 2012, 09:56:52 AM »

Yeah. Basically.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #405 on: May 10, 2012, 09:59:23 AM »

I still acquire furniture by grabbing whatever looks halfway decent that someone puts out on their curb.

Someday, when I don't have 3 boys destroying everything I own, maybe I'll lay out some cash for that shit.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Ignatius

« Reply #406 on: May 10, 2012, 11:02:41 AM »

I'm pretty sure we didn't pay for a couch until I was 18 or 19, and I was the last of three boys. So you've got time! My parents were lucky to come from a pretty big family, but there was also this pre-Craigslist phenomenon where word would get about a family friend or someone moving/upgrading furniture, so let's take the back seats out of the Voyager and hit em up.
ellaguru

« Reply #407 on: May 10, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »

Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong, my swanky new coffee tables are off of craigslist, I'm not buying new furniture. But they definitely fall at least somewhere in the "nice furniture" category.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #408 on: May 10, 2012, 11:21:43 AM »

I counseled two members of my family in two separate cities about anti-bedbug measures this week. Do not pick up curb furniture or craigslist furniture unless you are prepared to scrupulously inspect and disinfect it, would be my advice. And I don't mean "take a good look," I mean get down on your hands and knees with a flashlight and a playing card and root out every crevice and crack.

think 'on the road.'
ellaguru

« Reply #409 on: May 10, 2012, 11:33:09 AM »

I of course did not do this. Which I may regret, but I'm thinking a wood and glass coffee table kept in a concrete storage locker is probably pretty safe from bedbugs. Termites, maybe.

Good to remember, though.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #410 on: May 10, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »

I guess I've been lucky.

But we do have a couple of specific days during the year in my town when you can leave older furniture on the curb for collection. So that's when we tend to grab that stuff, not just random "get this shit the hell out of my house" kind of things but "OK we are getting rid of this fairly nice piece 'cause we are redoing the room and getting newer nicer stuff."

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Greg Nog

« Reply #411 on: May 10, 2012, 11:43:44 AM »

I think the last thing I grabbed off the curb was a metal shelving unit (the non-porosity of metal being much less hospitable to bedbugs than wood and fabric), and even that, I soaked in 90% rubbing alcohol before bringing it inside.

Prior to that, I'd grabbed a small piece of cat furniture that had a note on it that literally said, "FREE -- NO BEDBUGS -- OUR CAT JUST THINKS IT'S LAME"
ellaguru

« Reply #412 on: May 10, 2012, 11:46:45 AM »

I got my aquarium off the curb. It does occasionally get algae, but no bedbugs so far. And I did get one stuffed chair at a garage sale that would have been a fine nest for bedbugs, had they chosen to live there, which they didn't.

fishjim

« Reply #413 on: May 10, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »

Prior to that, I'd grabbed a small piece of cat furniture that had a note on it that literally said, "FREE -- NO BEDBUGS -- OUR CAT JUST THINKS IT'S LAME"

Clearly this was meant for you! The note is composed in @gregerskine Twitter Style.

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #414 on: May 10, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »

This is kind of old but I thought some of you would get a kick out of this blog post from April of 2009 that I just saw for the first time http://skyfullofbacon.com/blog/?p=196

ellaguru

« Reply #415 on: May 10, 2012, 03:42:47 PM »

Excellent. I just passed it along to my music prof friend whose favourite joke is how, when The Ramones cover 4'33", they can play it in under 2 minutes.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #416 on: May 11, 2012, 03:54:53 PM »

I'm Jane Skrovota

Winter Wipeout TV show had broken bones and manslaughter every minute. Winter Wipeout show is produced in Holland by gays, bis, and orgiers. Why do gays like to see people perishing?

P-E-N-I-S goes into the anus to rupture intestines. More a man does this, more likely he'll be a fatality or a homicider.

Getting pleasure while the other man passes away reverberates in other homicide later. UNESCO United Nations has gender and bioethics conferences combined. Only gays go to gender studies. Gays are the bioethic genociders in hospitals.

Children can be eliminated. The Fed stated in this December 11th article, the Lincoln Journal Star, page 6. Gays should not be employed in hospitals or any health occupation.

Whitney Houston was found without clothes in a bathtub. Every corpse found without clothes has a partner that did away with them. Lesbians and gays rarely live past 40 years old because it is common for a partner to do away with them, or they self-inflict. We want everyone to live as long as possible, to be 80 years old instead of 40 years old. Don't go gay, it's not healthy. Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.

Have no gays in education. A high percent of gay men on school grounds molest boys, partly because they don't have AIDS yet. Be on the side of the innocent boy who gets a F and Ds a year after being molested. Don't allow hundreds of molestations a year with this equality ordinance! Where are our schoolteachers that should be speaking about this today?

Hillary Clinton's roommate 4 years in college was Eleanor or Eddie Acheson, a gay woman, daughter of Dean Acheson. To avoid going gay like Hillary Clinton did, college students need single rooms and single gender dorms. Going lesbian is not normal, a college woman is seduced with illegal Rohypnol to go gay, otherwise they think it's abhorrent. Lesbian professors state, quote, wives are enslaved by their husbands, unquote. All you married councillors might know this is not true, and this is deranged thinking. Have no gays in education.

The Canadian Gaetan Dugas was the first person to get AIDS in 1980. He depressed his immune system with pot, he ruptured intestines as his partner became a corpse. Candida fungus grows hugely on a corpse! AIDS is a candida fungus disease.

Roman senators went to Roman baths to be promiscuous gays bis and orgiers, then went to the Coliseum to watch Christians get mauled and perish. Do gays become sadistic? Yes! They cuss after coupling, don't like the land they lay on, and 80% of those that did treason by the year 2000 were gays, don't employ gays in military, education, health, or psychology. They are the genociders molesters treasonous deranged

Gay's not a behavior by the way--Gay IS a behavior, it's not an identity. Shoplifters don't make good salespersons; gays' behaviors aren't needed for military education health and psychology. Don't encourage gays. Do not harm gays. Gays can transform

(one minute)

I have... let's see...

Gays can transform to be celibate to live to be 80 years old.

Gay persons want to adopt children. California Board of Education last year said San Francisco children have the worst scholastics spelling all subjects all grade levels. They cry all day and rape eachother hetero without being told not to. Give us your molested children deranged by only seeing gays kissing. Don't ask don't tell what you do in your bedroom and you'll be respected for your work. Read the book Nijinsky o understand that bisexuals always become insane. A wedding dress is for a woman, not for a man. Jesus was kissed by Judas, a homo who tried to sabotage Jesus' kind ideas. Do you choose Jesus, a celibate or Judas, a homo? You have to choose. This is the result of a 10 year study by over 700 psychologists PhDs. Read Crisis of Generational Pursuits

(that's your 5 minutes)

at any Lincoln city school.

Josh I will give you fifty dollars American if you find this lady and with a few of your male friends perform a simulated male orgy in front of her.

Ignatius

« Reply #417 on: May 11, 2012, 06:47:50 PM »

This reads like an evil, repulsive Dr. Bronner's label.
Greg Nog

« Reply #418 on: May 11, 2012, 09:01:44 PM »

Whoa, now that you point that out, I'm mentally inserting "DILUTE!  DILUTE!" throughout and it's way better.
El_Josharino

« Reply #419 on: May 11, 2012, 09:22:27 PM »

Holy crap.

The best part of the video in that article is the guy completely losing his shit right behind the crazy lady reading her thing.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
monkeypants

« Reply #420 on: May 16, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »

Thought about putting this in the book thread, but random thread seems even more appropriate for a book review that I find kind of hilarious:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/books/the-anatomy-of-harpo-marx-by-wayne-koestenbaum/article2429818/

shitcakes drizzled with mediocrity syrup
peacocks

« Reply #421 on: May 17, 2012, 12:29:15 AM »

Wow @ the above rant and I agree with Ig re: dr. Bronner.

I heard about the new cloud city installation at the MET today on NPR and got really excited but when I GIS'd I was disappointed. I thought there'd be more purple.

dick-check your priviledge
peacocks

« Reply #422 on: May 17, 2012, 12:32:15 AM »

I also was hoping for a slide or two and some ladders and crawl spaces. Basically a cooler adult sized McDonald's play place.

dick-check your priviledge
Ignatius

« Reply #423 on: May 17, 2012, 01:58:52 AM »

Might not be as pretty as that there Cloud City, but the City Museum in St. Louis is exactly what you have described. Also, dinosaurs.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #424 on: May 17, 2012, 07:27:35 AM »

haha

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2012/05/dispatch-photogs-astor-place-chase-bank/52445/

think 'on the road.'
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: So RANDOM only a modern millionaire with a sinister plan could understand!
Jump to: