Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 20, 2014, 09:19:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657247 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 71 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS  (Read 25892 times)
jebreject

« Reply #375 on: Apr 05, 2012, 06:52:23 PM »

Makes total sense!

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
jebreject

« Reply #376 on: Apr 05, 2012, 06:53:16 PM »

I ended up skipping the gym today just because I'm feeling really exhausted, but I'll still meet my goal of three times a week as long as I go tomorrow (which I definitely will).

Four times a week is my next goal, but I don't know if I'm quite ready for it.

clare

« Reply #377 on: Apr 05, 2012, 07:21:41 PM »

I ran 4k today (I think, maybe a bit under that). i want to do 5 by Mother's day so I can do the fun run! Got a bit fuzzy in the middle - stopped for about half a minute to catch my breath and turn around to go back,  and then I walked for a few minutes towards the end up Induction Hill (so I could run down it again, cos it turned out I'd turned around too early). I really like the way that the first two minutes feel like it's going to be impossible to go any further, and then it just becomes what I'm doing for the moment, and I can pretty much do it. I have a lot to learn about pacing myself i think. Right at the end it was very easy to do the "Run to the laneway. Now run to the end of the laneway. Now run to the corner. Good. Well done." self motivation, but in the middle it all got too hard and I just had to stop.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
milly balgeary

« Reply #378 on: Apr 05, 2012, 09:58:34 PM »

Due to circumstances (baby) I don't want to spend any more time at the gym than I already do, which is generally about an hour a day. I got a pretty nice resistance band and a couple of 8lb dumbbells and was hoping to just work in 30 min 3 times/wk at home.

I recommend the P90x2! Having finished (as of tomorrow)...my results have been...let us say, astonishing!

milly balgeary

« Reply #379 on: Apr 05, 2012, 09:59:58 PM »

Since I got my heart rate monitor, I've been going apeshit with my running.

Ignatius

« Reply #380 on: Apr 06, 2012, 01:46:56 AM »

I've got a pull-up bar and a medicine ball and a mat and an exercise book and it probably takes twenty minutes to warm up and do the whole thing, three times a week. It'll take a little longer as I progress, natch, but not much. If you bike like you bike, you've probably got a decent amount of aerobic exercise..

The program I do is a bodyweight thing mostly and it basically goes: pull up - squat/lunge - push up - abdomen thing, rest, and follow the pattern again with different particular moves.
Greg Nog

« Reply #381 on: Apr 06, 2012, 07:32:07 AM »

Due to circumstances (baby) I don't want to spend any more time at the gym than I already do, which is generally about an hour a day. I got a pretty nice resistance band and a couple of 8lb dumbbells and was hoping to just work in 30 min 3 times/wk at home.

The three exercises per session from the stronglifts program on the previous page take a little under a half-hour, I think.  Overall, my strength-based workouts take somewhere between 40 minutes and an hour, and they're those basic exercises plus a bunch of lighter-weight supplemental ones.

I've been taking it easy on running for the last couple weeks, but the 10k Scotland Run in Central Park is tomorrow, so I shall see if I'm up for 6-point-something miles on Saturday morning.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #382 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:31:24 AM »

Greg: How'd the Pilates class go? I've experimented with everything and it makes me feel strong and graceful faster than anything. After 5 you feel different, 10 you can see the change and at practice number 20 others comment on your improved form but my posture got better from day one. It was invented to help war vets recover before the NYC ballet picked it up, was originally designed for men.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
Greg Nog

« Reply #383 on: Apr 06, 2012, 11:03:30 AM »

Something came up at work, and I missed the one I was going to go to; I'll probably try to hit one up in the near future, though.
clare

« Reply #384 on: Apr 06, 2012, 07:40:08 PM »

Today's run was much much harder starting out. I woke up with things hurting this morning: left heel (plantar fascitis, hello, but did some stretches that the bloke showed me, so that should be OK); quads (well, duh); and hips (bugger). After the first 15 mins the hips finally stretched out enough to stop hurting, but I'm not happy about that. I stretched pretty well before and after today, but maybe need more? Anyway, I ended up running further (I think - my pedometer app crapped out) and felt better at the end, so that was good. Tomorrow, Mr 11yo wants to come too, so we won't go so far. I know he can do 3k cos he did it for school on Thursday.

Starving hungry when I got home - 2 weetbix, 2 bananas, a heap of berries, a cup of milk and a big cup of tea later I feel mostly human.

jebreject

« Reply #385 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:49:18 PM »

Not sure how to begin to track all the food I ate at this potluck, fuck

cold before sunrise

« Reply #386 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:51:46 PM »

How many calories are in a gram of magic mushrooms? Plus 8 pieces of Boston Pizza, 6 Red Stripe and 2 Limoncello/gin cocktails. It's party time! Happy Friday.

milly balgeary

« Reply #387 on: Apr 07, 2012, 06:56:55 AM »

I don't think tracking magic mushrooms would really make a difference in your calorie metric.

milly balgeary

« Reply #388 on: Apr 07, 2012, 07:02:53 AM »

Having had no junk food or beer in 3 months, last night I ate onion rings at a bar, had 4 beers, returned home, ate half of a bag of potato chips, indulged in mint oreos, enjoyed reeses peanut butter cups, and had some tasty cadbury mini eggs. I feel repellent and I think I have one of those under the skin pimples on my back developed over night. I'd cut cheat weekend short but I'mma power through till tomorrow and if I have to, I'll eat through my puke, because I won't be indulging for the next several months like this.

clare

« Reply #389 on: Apr 07, 2012, 07:47:22 AM »

Yeah...I had a bunch of sugar and fat the other day and got a full-on hangover the next day. It was weird.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #390 on: Apr 07, 2012, 09:38:20 AM »

I did the gym yesterday plus about 10 miles on the bike and then drank whatever craft beer I wanted to all night. It was awesome. Had some really delicious stuff, too.

Today I weigh 30 pounds less than I did on January 7th.

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #391 on: Apr 07, 2012, 04:16:32 PM »

Dude! That is fucking awesome. Those are RESULTS!

RoyBiggins

« Reply #392 on: Apr 07, 2012, 05:03:04 PM »

That really is amazing.  You look great, man! 

I, OTOH, was eating cake when I opened this thread. 

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Greg Nog

« Reply #393 on: Apr 07, 2012, 06:37:34 PM »

Jesus, pollo!  That's remarkable!
milly balgeary

« Reply #394 on: Apr 07, 2012, 06:47:43 PM »

Yeah...I had a bunch of sugar and fat the other day and got a full-on hangover the next day. It was weird.

I feel disgusting.

clare

« Reply #395 on: Apr 07, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »

Yeah, me too again. I do not learn. Making easter candy baskets for the kids, I did a bunch of sampling, and my mouth still feels grimy 12 hours later. Plus the 11 year old wanted to come for a run with me, but then wanted to walk. I guess I can make up some more time later. But Jesus, my legs hurt! When does that stop?

milly balgeary

« Reply #396 on: Apr 08, 2012, 10:51:06 PM »

Well I survived a weekend of eating like a fucking moron, eating things like oreo fluff and drinking lots of beer. Ugh! That shit takes its toll in naps.

cold before sunrise

« Reply #397 on: Apr 09, 2012, 02:37:56 AM »

Well, I've gained 5 lbs in the past week and got so thrashed on Friday (hit 5 spots on the town, drank like a fish, and then brought a gal pal home to continue until 5am) that the reunion party I drove to BC last night was a write off. I gave the DJ a kiss on the cheek, said hi to a couple old friends and immediately retired to my hotel room upstairs to flop out and try to ignore the thundering bass of the event downstairs and ghostly presence of the dead drunk in my room.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #398 on: Apr 09, 2012, 07:40:55 AM »

That sucks, Eve. I'm a little bummed out myself this morning; had to chart a pound-and-a-half gain after I weighed in at the gym. Not sure what happened, because I've been sticking to the program pretty rigorously. Had some beers throughout the week and ate some pretty gnarly stuff at Easter dinner (albeit in very small portions), but I really pushed myself at the gym and on my bike all week. Dunno. Think I might be at some sort of plateau level where an adjustment or two needs made, because two weeks ago I charted a pound gain, then a two-pound loss in the subsequent week, and now I'm back up 1.5lbs.

think 'on the road.'
milly balgeary

« Reply #399 on: Apr 09, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »

Pollo, depending on your diet that is likely "water weight"...vs real weight gain, depending on what you've been eating of course. Your glycogen stores which is your carb storage could be filled, and so your liver and muscles are heavier. This is what you draw on when you work out. IE good example hose this can tank your numbers is my weight varies within 5-7 lbs daily due to me constantly depleting my glycogen (morning workout) and after work run. Also sodium can really retain water. So I wouldn't worry unless it happens another 2-3 weeks.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2012, 08:12:43 AM by milly balgeary » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS
Jump to: