Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 24, 2014, 04:24:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657250 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 72 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]
Print
Author Topic: thank deities its football season again  (Read 26329 times)
Ah_Pook

« Reply #375 on: Jan 21, 2007, 06:46:24 PM »

saints Sad

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
Ah_Pook

« Reply #376 on: Jan 21, 2007, 10:21:02 PM »

hell of a game in the afc there

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #377 on: Jan 22, 2007, 12:30:13 PM »

yeah, that was crazy. i was of the opinion that adam vinatieri would be the deciding factor, and the patriots would kick themselves for getting rid of him, but that turned out not to be true. however, it appears that the mojo resides with him nonetheless.

i hate payton manning, though, oh god. go bears.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Mesmerize

« Reply #378 on: Jan 22, 2007, 12:39:37 PM »

what's hatable about Peyton Manning?  go Colts!

thus the hearsomeness of the burger felicitates the whole of the polis.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #379 on: Jan 22, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »

he's one of those quarterbacks who you can tell acts like a shithead to the rest of his team. he's always looking mean and grumpy. rubs me the wrong way. tom brady, on the other hand, seems like a nice guy.

dumbfish

« Reply #380 on: Jan 22, 2007, 01:22:40 PM »

Huh.  I woulda predicted you'd say the exact opposite, Andrew.  

Peyton's a nerd, a nerd who really really likes football.  Didja see his face after the first (lucky) Pats TD?  Seems like he desperately wants to win, but is a bit too high-strung to get it done sometimes.  Like the series with about 4 mins left, which looked like his one shot at the win-- bad pass, trip and fall, wobbler, punt.  To his credit, he grabbed the second chance with both hands.  Also, Peyton patting Belicheck on the belly when SuperCoach barely acknowledged him was money.  Anyway, Andrew, seems like you'd have sympathy for the guy.

Especially since Brady, by contrast, is ubercool and collected at all times.  Pretty much the Derek Jeter of football.  Not putting him down, mind-- I'd probably rather have him on my team than Manning-- but excellence isn't necessarily likeable.

I was gonna root for the Colts in XLI until the team's owner (with a nasty 2 day old goatee) and coach both used the trophy presentation as an opportunity to note that Jesus was rooting for them.  In sum, go Bears.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #381 on: Jan 22, 2007, 02:12:49 PM »

man... i'm gonna have to watch peyton more closely hereafter. i've never liked the guy, but you make me think i might be missing something.

i'm still pulling for the bears in the super bowl though. but it seems obvious to me that peyton's the better quarterback, and there's no cold weather to fuck up their opponents this time, so the odds are probably against the boys from chicago this time.

dumbfish

« Reply #382 on: Apr 28, 2007, 02:18:56 PM »

NFL to Quinn:  "You suck."

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #383 on: Apr 29, 2007, 04:26:14 PM »

god, is gregg williams ever going to learn anything? every year, he fucks around with our defense, and every fucking year, it gets worse. he ruins good players by not letting them work to their strengths, then puts guys with potential into slots where they can't fulfill said potential, and lo and behold, we give up more big plays and slide further down in the defensive rankings. so what do we do? trade away adam archuleta (who got way too bad a rap last year for the performance he actually put in) and use our first three draft picks to get new defensive players! oh boy, let's restructure everything again! let's see if making a bunch of promising young players learn a restrictive new system and making the 50% who actually stick around learn to work with half a dozen new guys makes our defense any better than it was last year! wow, wonder how THIS will turn out.

i know this isn't as bad as the raiders trading away randy moss or anything, but it definitely makes me feel like i should get primed for another season of suffering. how long, oh lord, how long?

dieblucasdie

« Reply #384 on: Apr 29, 2007, 04:34:21 PM »

Quote from: "dumbfish"

He's sooooo overrated.  I, for one, welcome the Jimmy Clausen and/or Demetrius Jones era.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
SPACERACE

« Reply #385 on: Apr 29, 2007, 05:08:46 PM »

Quote from: "dumbfish"

it was pretty funny when they sequestered him in his own room so he could cry like a baby away from ESPN

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
Lucy

« Reply #386 on: Apr 29, 2007, 07:15:55 PM »

randy moss to the pats? that seems so...counterintuitive. don't know what to make of this. it should be interesting at least...
dieblucasdie

« Reply #387 on: Apr 29, 2007, 07:20:23 PM »

Wait... are you a Pats AND a Wolverines fan?  Funny I didn't notice the cloven hooves....

Augo

« Reply #388 on: Apr 29, 2007, 07:21:46 PM »

Quote from: "Lucy"
randy moss to the pats? that seems so...counterintuitive. don't know what to make of this. it should be interesting at least...

I think it'll be great for them.  Moss only tries around people that he feels are worth trying around.  If the team he is on sucks, he's not gonna be into it.  If he's on a team like the Pats, with Brady throwing to him, I think you'll see good things from him.

Gonococcus Bear pays a visit!
Lucy

« Reply #389 on: Apr 29, 2007, 07:22:25 PM »

i grew up in new england! of course i am! lived in ann arbor too, with fam roots there. at least i come by it honestly!
dieblucasdie

« Reply #390 on: Apr 29, 2007, 07:23:29 PM »

True, but stick to one region!  You'd get points for being hardcore if you were a Lions fan!

Lucy

« Reply #391 on: Apr 29, 2007, 07:29:32 PM »

haha i've lived in MA since i was old enough to pay attention to sports (6).  my teams were always the sox and the pats (even back in the patsie days) and new england is my professional sports region.  however, i listened to many lectures re: michigan uber alles from my grandpa and i liked the lions though...i remember cheering loudly for scott mitchell at my grandparents house...he pretty much sucked though.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #392 on: Apr 29, 2007, 07:38:41 PM »

haha well then I'm just going to pretend you're a BC fan.  Wait...

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: thank deities its football season again
Jump to: