Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:27:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657250 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 85 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 ... 137
Print
Author Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee  (Read 173504 times)
nonotyet

« Reply #3025 on: Nov 17, 2006, 08:31:50 PM »

Quote from: "dieblucasdie"
America's Next Top Model

When VM used to air after ANTM, once a year they'd give away a cameo on VM to that week's challenge winner.

This year it was a cameo on One Tree Hill.

In other news, I hate everything.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #3026 on: Nov 17, 2006, 08:37:50 PM »

Shit, man, it probably raised the level of acting on OTH.

OTH didn't get it's back 9 eps picked up either, but they got 8 opposed to VM's 7.  

If OTH gets renewed again, that awful, awful show will have the dubious distinction of having killed of both the greatest *family* TV drama of all time, and the second greatest teen TV drama of all time.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
nonotyet

« Reply #3027 on: Nov 17, 2006, 08:40:14 PM »

Evil or Very Mad And somewhere, the Hold Steady is recording an entire album of songs that are making fun of Elliott Smith or something.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #3028 on: Nov 17, 2006, 08:45:43 PM »

LOOK

UPON

MY WORKS

YE MIGHTY

AND

DESPAIR

milly balgeary

« Reply #3029 on: Nov 18, 2006, 02:42:38 AM »

the wire season 3 was just about the best tv i ever watched.

Wally

« Reply #3030 on: Nov 18, 2006, 05:08:03 AM »

Quote from: "milly balgeary"
the wire season 3 was just about the best tv i ever watched.

Welcome to the world of the sane. Just ahead of you is the fourth series, get ready to be staggered and amazed, and television reaching it's pinnacle.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #3031 on: Nov 18, 2006, 11:04:50 AM »

milly, se. 3 was probably my favorite as well (even though I missed D'Angelo). But everything Wally said is true: se.4 is like getting punched in the side of the head. It's brutal, man, and better than anything else on television.

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #3032 on: Nov 18, 2006, 11:41:33 AM »

Hey, has anyone watched Showtime's Dexter with David from SFU? I just read a pretty glowing review of it in last week's New Yorker. Sounded pretty interesting. Also sounded like it had a lot of potential to get hammy and fall flat ala Weeds.

think 'on the road.'
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #3033 on: Nov 18, 2006, 12:13:37 PM »

Quote from: "dieblucasdie"
America's Next Top Model

When VM used to air after ANTM, once a year they'd give away a cameo on VM to that week's challenge winner.  Some of the most cringeworthy moments in TV acting history, particularly since those awful faux-models were sharing the screen with actors as good as VM's.  Ewwwww.

wait, ok, who was this in season one (i still haven't seen season two, so if you tell me the one for that season it won't mean anything to me)?

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #3034 on: Nov 18, 2006, 12:20:20 PM »

also, i've got 3 episodes left to see in season 4 of "the wire", and yes, things are getting intense and crazy. i'm REALLY worried about randy right now. i'm also quite sure bad things are going to happen to herc, not that he doesn't deserve it. and i have come to really REALLY like carcetti. i'm disappointed that he's even considering the governor position. i'd really rather him do a full term as baltimore mayor. but i don't know, whatever, i guess that's politics. i just wish that politics was less about seeing how often you can get elected and more about seeing what you can do with the position you've been elected to in order to make things better. ohhhh well.

Wally

« Reply #3035 on: Nov 18, 2006, 12:39:50 PM »

Quote from: "elpollodiablo"
Hey, has anyone watched Showtime's Dexter with David from SFU? I just read a pretty glowing review of it in last week's New Yorker. Sounded pretty interesting. Also sounded like it had a lot of potential to get hammy and fall flat ala Weeds.

It's actually pretty good. Providing you can by the premise which is of a Patrick Bateman becomes avenging angel and lives in Miami where he helps solve crime with his little sister.

There's plenty of cheap hokum in it, but equally it's got a nice little groove in the darkly comic. After 6 episodes it could still go either way, but if they really sink their teeth into the main storyline it could turn out pretty grandly.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #3036 on: Nov 18, 2006, 01:03:53 PM »

I was remembering wrong.  I forgot that, timewise, 2 seasons of ANTM = 1 season of VM.  Naima (fauxhawk ANTM winner) is in a couple VM episodes in Season 2; she plays the new journalism teacher, and actually has a mildly important role, plotwise, even though she has like 2 lines.

Kim (lesbian girl from ANTM) has a scene in the 7th or 8th ep of Season 2, where she plays a car rental agent opposite Joss Whedon, of all people, in his acting debut.  That scary-skinny Feronda girl is in a Season 2 episode as well.  I forget exactly, I think she plays a hostess at the Neptune Grand or something.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #3037 on: Nov 18, 2006, 01:09:07 PM »

Quote from: "Wally"

It's actually pretty good. Providing you can by the premise which is of a Patrick Bateman becomes avenging angel and lives in Miami where he helps solve crime with his little sister.

There's plenty of cheap hokum in it, but equally it's got a nice little groove in the darkly comic. After 6 episodes it could still go either way, but if they really sink their teeth into the main storyline it could turn out pretty grandly.

this series is actually based on a book, "darkly dreaming dexter". we carry it at my store. i've been meaning to read it.

nonotyet

« Reply #3038 on: Nov 18, 2006, 01:13:24 PM »

Quote from: "Wally"

See, that is the problem. The concept of that show makes me really really uncomfortable. We're supposed to root for a guy who kills people? scuse me, ppl? Vengeance is vengeance, no matter if it's fictional vengeance or vengeance-that-is-supposed-to-reflect-the-darkest-part-of-the-human-soul or not. Maybe I am still just mad cause Wisconsin wants the death penalty back on the books, but I liked David better when he was having compulsive torrid extrarelationshipial affairs.

Also, when does Beaver show up in Big Love? Because I have the first disc and it is begging to be watched.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #3039 on: Nov 18, 2006, 01:35:28 PM »

i mean, i don't think you're necessarily supposed to take it seriously. honestly, i think there's a great deal of black comedy to at least the book, if not the series.

nonotyet

« Reply #3040 on: Nov 18, 2006, 01:50:38 PM »

I get that; I do. It still freaks me out.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #3041 on: Nov 18, 2006, 02:45:32 PM »

GOD, will you just get desensitized already?  The rest of us did it back in middle school.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #3042 on: Nov 18, 2006, 07:00:34 PM »

I dunno who Beaver is, but you should definitely check out Big Love. I'm still pissed I haven't seen the last three episodes.

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #3043 on: Nov 18, 2006, 08:36:11 PM »

Beaver is a character from VM who did a guest stint on Big Love,

Mac from VM is a recurring character.  Tina Majorino AKA girl from Napoleon Dynamite.

It's really sad how much I know about TV shows, even ones I've never seen a single episode of.

hannah

« Reply #3044 on: Nov 18, 2006, 08:38:15 PM »

I do not think it is sad, man. What's sad is that you still wish Riley ill, even after all these years.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #3045 on: Nov 18, 2006, 08:42:14 PM »

Haha, my first need for an internets screenname coincided with the release of the S4 Dvds, so the hatred was fresh.  Now it's just 'me screenname.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd still give him a nice roundhouse to the crotch given a chance.

hannah

« Reply #3046 on: Nov 18, 2006, 08:44:45 PM »

Who am I kidding? I'm so with you.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #3047 on: Nov 18, 2006, 08:47:04 PM »

Yeah, anytime my hatred fades, I just think about that speech where he talks about how sometimes he just likes to drive, man, for fun, just the open road.

God, what a tool.

heather marie

« Reply #3048 on: Nov 18, 2006, 10:27:31 PM »

I've actually been watching this pretty regularly, and it's pretty good. Some of it is a bit over the top, but the dude is super convincing in his whole act. Also, I really like the whole crime scene/forensic drama stuff so yeah. I can't imagine it going any further than S1 though.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #3049 on: Nov 19, 2006, 02:06:09 PM »

It's already been picked up for a second season, which is to be based on the second novel, apparently. I really, really like Michael C. Hall, though. His performance on SFU was what kept me watching through the third and fourth seasons, I think--even though I hated the character at times. He made David waaaaaay less insufferable than I think anyone else could have.

think 'on the road.'
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 ... 137
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee
Jump to: