Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 16, 2014, 12:13:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657221 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 239 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23
Print
Author Topic: Dreams You HAD  (Read 42187 times)
Ashley

« Reply #425 on: May 17, 2010, 02:26:21 PM »

I have dreams like this EVERY FUCKING NIGHT.  I sleep for like 16 hours, but man, I don't think it's because the seroquel makes me groggy, I think its because MAN DREAM WORLD > LIFE.

This happened again.  I dreamt my mother and I went to McDonalds.  My mother, when she is working the job she is supposed to be working, is a learning disabilities teacher.  While we were driving up to McDonalds, she kept stopping the car and yelling HEY YOU at people who looked a little bit dirty, and then giving them envelopes.  I was crushingly embarrassed because that is rude as hell and I figured she was doing a disabilities survey.  We go inside and sit down, and she continues yelling at people, and people start coming back to her with the envelopes.  I'm sitting next to a guy, and he tells her she shouldn't be doing that.  I ask him what she's doing, and he said it was a scam to get Big Macs. 

My mother gets up and goes to the other side of the room, and starts talking to people, but she's getting increasingly less coherent, and increasingly offensive.  She goes to the counter and asks for some fries, and then stares at a woman standing next to her who is wearing a pillbox hat.  She tells the woman the hat is stupid.  The guy sitting next to me gets up and tells my mom thats HIS mom and she had better not be calling her stupid.  My mother starts insulting him, clearly out of her mind, and he starts pushing her around.

I'm in a stupid raging dream state where I can't fight properly so I end up on the floor kicking my legs and yelling at everyone.

Then I dreamt I woke up and my mother came in my room and gave me an angry look for still being asleep at 4pm.  I kept sleeping and had other dreams but thought that part was real until I woke up and saw it was only 1:30pm and not living with my mother.

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
Aglaya

« Reply #426 on: May 20, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »

I very nearly had a sex dream about a guy I used to work with who is barely legal, and not particularly attractive, except, apparently, on a sub-concious level.  We were at the Mall of America on a date, and there was some seriously hot making out going on, but I woke myself up when I realized I was dreaming.  I almost didn't, because the dream was really hot, but I could never have lived with dream Crissee if she'd gone through with it.  Also because it seemed really inappropriate to have a sex dream sleeping in the basement of my grandma's house.

Twurt away, merry horse-scorpions of the internet.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #427 on: Jun 14, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »

I keep having very vivid dreams about smoking. The smoking itself doesn't bother me, it's the lingering certainty that since I've fallen off the wagon, I can go ahead and smoke whatever and whenever I want. It usually persists for a few minutes after waking, and I've often wondered if I had a cigarette at hand if I'd light up without realizing what was happening. My subconscious mind is a dick!

think 'on the road.'
donblood
« Reply #428 on: Jun 14, 2010, 01:56:03 PM »

Yeah, I've had a few of those as well, and inevitably in the dream I am somehow allowed to smoke again, because either science has determined it's good for you, or because I've actually quit something else, or etc etc.  Last weekend I woke up actually sucking air.  It was kind of pathetic.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #429 on: Jun 14, 2010, 01:59:31 PM »

I've had the smoking dreams too from time to time.

I had a dream once about 10 years ago in which my toddler son bummed a cigarette off of me when he ran out of his special baby brand of cigarettes.  Which I was reminded of recently by a story (not necessarily this exact one but this was the first google result about a smoking toddler that went viral.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
jebreject

« Reply #430 on: Jul 05, 2010, 12:20:39 PM »

My brother and I are driving somewhere, I think to an auto parts store. We're out in the desert, and we get lost. We're driving in circles. For some reason, I have a laptop, and I'm just trying to look up YouTube videos of ex-girlfriends. I'm very annoyed that we're lost. I want to go home.

On the side of the road, near a bridge, we see a little girl. We figure she needs help, so we stop. She is very worried, and tells us that her family was abducted by hillbillies and please, please could we help her? She is crying. Of course we'll help. We go under the bridge, and it is dark and cave-like. From our vantage point, we see down into a little gully, all dried-up and dusty. Now for some reason M is with me instead of my brother. We realize that there are several of them down there, but only one healthy looking adult man. Besides him, there is a woman, a child (a young boy) and a very old man. The man has a rifle, but we figure if we act carefully, we can overpower them. We look around for weapons. On a tiny ledge, we find a hammer. Perfect. We also see a faded poster for Wonderboy, a superhero from many years ago. We all knew the legend of Wonderboy, a nearly invincible man, who, when the love of his life died at the hands of his nemesis, wandered out to the desert to die alone. Could it be this very same desert?

I grab the hammer and slowly make my way down to the hillbilly den. In a small cave, they've made themselves an honest-to-goodness living room--couch, chair, coffee table, the whole nine yards. The man seems to be guarding the place, but he seems tired and not really paying attention. I crouch there, waiting to make my move. Finally, he turns his back, so I whack him in the skull with the hammer. He falls to my feet. I enter the room, and there is some screaming. Where are they? I ask. Where is the little girl's family? What'd you do with them, you mutants?

The young boy runs at me, so I whack him good, just like his dad. The woman runs at me, I do the same. She falls like a rag doll. Finally I go up to the old man. He is not impressed by any of this. He gets up from his recliner, and, standing before me, seems impossibly tall. He no longer looks as old as he did, either. He's just standing there, like he's inviting me to take a swing. So I do, and I hit him right in the temple. It does nothing. He doesn't even flinch. I swing again, this time with the claw side of the hammer. Again, nothing. He smiles. I look around me, and the rest of the family has all gotten up, clearly not actually affected by my blows. It was all an act. They are coming from me. I swing my hammer like a madman, but it's all for nothing. I grab the rifle. I take aim at Gramps, pull the trigger, nothing. Click. Click. The family overtakes me, and I am on the ground. The little girl is here now, and she is laughing. I look up and see on the wall a photograph of Wonderboy shaking hands with the president. The Wonderboy theme song begins echoing loudly in my head.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Ashley

« Reply #431 on: Jul 07, 2010, 01:07:33 PM »

I just had a series of really horrifying dreams that at the time I was sure were real.

The first one I dreamt I got up and went to  my friend's house (the one with the bricks through her window) and went inside to wait for her to come home for work.  I had my netbook.  I plugged it in and laid down on the couch, and then I fell asleep.  I woke up a while later, and sort of thought "I should check if I locked the door in case that guy comes back".  Then I sat up and looked around, and I was not in my friend's house.  It was completely different and definitely belonged to someone much older with older children.  I thought, oh shit, I'm in the wrong house. I must have gone into the one next to hers.  My heart was in my throat totally terrified the people who owned it would come home, or worse, were home.  I gathered up my things and put them in my bags trying to be as quiet as possible, and kept thinking I was hearing noises that indicated someone was home.

Then I woke up and I was in my own bed.  I could hear my mother walking around getting ready to go to work, and I thought "I am going to be so pissed if she comes in here and tells me to get up for work, I'm an adult, I can do that!"  And then she did come in and tell me to go to work.  She sat down on my bed to chat with me too (she does this), then the phone rang and she answered it.  She was speaking in a way that said something was wrong.  I could hear my grandmother crying and being incoherent.  My mother told her to calm down, and then she hung up.  I looked at my mother, and she had lit up a cigarette.  She quit smoking 7 years ago.  I asked her what was wrong, and she whispered something about one of my aunts.  I couldn't understand her but I was terrified my aunt had committed suicide - my uncle (her husband) did a few years ago too.  She just sat there and smoked and took in the news.

Then I woke up again.  I thought that was weird, decided I was too freaked out to go to work, and then got up and went to the mall, where there was some kind of nerd convention.  I went in and sat down and made friends with some guys (somehow this is normal for me too).  I wondered if I should call the girl that gives me a ride and tell her I wasn't going to work.  I was really stressed and anxious even thinking about the fact that I wasn't going to work, but I felt like I just couldn't do it.  I looked at the clock on my phone, and I was already 4 hours late.  I thought that was weird, because the girl hadn't called me.  Then my mother called, and she was talking about weird things that happened to her.  And I said "Oh my god Mom, weird things are happening to me too.  I had a bunch of weird dreams.  I can't go to work because I was so freaked out.  I'm at the mall now."  and there was a pause, then she said something about being freaked out because she felt the same way.  I told her not to leave the house and that I would come home.

Then I woke up for good.  (Actually really I had another dream about Riker playing Civilizations IV but that's not really a dream in the same vein).

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
Ah_Pook

« Reply #432 on: Jul 07, 2010, 01:17:36 PM »

last night i had a dream that i was in one of the twilight movies. also elijah wood was in it.

ive never seen any of the twilight movies or paid any attention to that whole phenomenon at all, so i dunno where that came from.

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
jm

« Reply #433 on: Jul 26, 2010, 06:56:38 AM »

I was outdoors, playing a minimalist piece arranged for piano and windowpane (it's one of those windows that swings out rather than slides up, and the angle to which I moved the window determined the pitch of the note that played), narrated by Roger Waters.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
Greg Nog

« Reply #434 on: Jul 26, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »

Among various bizarre dreams last night, one involved some sketchy guy who was trying to steal bikes on a boardwalk.  I was bellowing at him to scare him off, then got woken up by my slightly-terrified-looking ladyfriend, who was like, "You were yelling in your sleep!"
Maaik

« Reply #435 on: Jul 26, 2010, 01:45:54 PM »

Oh shit boss.  I can see why that might be scary.

I need anne the man lessons
alexandra

« Reply #436 on: Jul 26, 2010, 02:16:02 PM »

I had a dream last night in which i shaved off the inner half of my right eyebrow, then drew it back in. wtf.

this message is now diamonds
lucky strike

« Reply #437 on: Jul 26, 2010, 02:33:22 PM »

weird, i had a dream that my beard was shaved in various patches and under a patch of hair was a huge, leaky, painful abcess. it was absolutely disgusting and really disturbing.

LISTEN TO ME YOU SON OF A BITCH IM A DETECTIVE GOD DAMN IT
G.C.R

« Reply #438 on: Jul 27, 2010, 12:36:04 AM »

I dreamed of a children's band member, who, after performing a sesame street syle song about being yourself, announced that he was dying of cancer. I was writing a Celebrity Studies dissertation on whether such an announcement would have an adverse affect on his career, and my dream then devolved into panic that our mostly innocent but still sexy naked showers together would affect my scholarship payments.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
diesel_powered

« Reply #439 on: Aug 28, 2010, 04:49:46 PM »

Okie, so I had a full social calendar in this last dream. So I'm in this "downtown" area that I sometimes have dreams in (this time dream logic told me it was Chicago, even though it's been Minneapolis and Omaha multiple times and looked more or less the same). I met with the Roger Ebert discussion group (featuring Roger Ebert with a fabulous new voice box) and as soon as Roger showed up and things started moving, I had to excuse myself because I was meeting my mother for dinner at the TGI Fridays. They gave me shit because supposedly I was covering for a date after an unexplained experience with some woman who turned out to be some kind of criminal. I joked that this time I was going for terrorism and dating within the SLA. As is usual with my dreams in this place, I set off on a path that, while I didn't recognize anything along the way, seemed like the right way to go even though it took me through a rather large and disturbing installation by Marilyn Manson. The content wasn't really disturbing (mostly cardboard cutouts and fluorescent lights), but once you entered the dark space, things began turning on and it was quite odd. After making my way through that, it turns out it was just the entrance to his high-concept pastry and ice cream shop (think Cold Stone meets Hot Topic) and after warm, perky greetings by the person behind the counter, I say I'm just passing through and that I'd probably be back later. Finally, I make it to Friday's and find my mother. I'm incredibly late, but it's not a big deal. She gets the prime rib, and as I'm explaining to her where I was, she starts lecturing me about how pointless discussion groups are and how it's nothing but idiots and their emotional needs, but realizes how negative she's being. And then the power goes out and when I look up to see if it's just us or the whole block, I realize that Friday's is somehow traveling from random place to random place through unexplained, abrupt jumps, and everyone's bewilderment is turning into panic. And then I woke up.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
peacocks

« Reply #440 on: Sep 03, 2010, 08:42:11 AM »

I was up on a balcony in some type of theater chorus class or rehearsal.  All the seats were art deco, minimalist white benches and swivel chairs and they were arranged in concentric ovals.  Every seat was packed and there was buzz around that we were going to be trying out for a musical.  The instructor, who is my friend IRL and is a big dramatic theater guy, went around tapping his conductor wand on people's heads and making them sing a few bars to this song that I knew in the dream as "space disco" to see where in the play they would be placed.  Not many people knew the song and everyone was getting kind of bored so people started walking around and talking and it seemed like he got bored too.  The whole thing just fell apart but then there was going to be a performance?  And I moved to a swivel seat near the edge of the balcony to look down at the stage which was a grey rectangle really really far down.  These two people moved off so I waved to my 2 friends who I guess were next to me to come sit and we talked about costumes for the rest of the dream.

I guess the interesting part to me and the reason I decided to post was the setting more than anything else.

dick-check your priviledge
Greg Nog

« Reply #441 on: Sep 03, 2010, 12:19:02 PM »

I had a very Lovecraftian dream the other night -- there was some creeping horror, unseen in the dream itself, that could not be named or seen but instilled in me an aura of overwhelming fear.  I woke up suffused with inexplicable terror-without-cause.  That was tremendously unsettling, but also kind of cool!
cold before sunrise

« Reply #442 on: Sep 08, 2010, 06:59:12 PM »

last night i dreamt of being the assistant to a mad scientist, working late on a classic monster-making project. my employer stumbles in half-pissed and vials get spilled, i'm exposed to an experimental formula, and there's concern over the possibility of me turning into a vampire. while undergoing testing to see if i'll be cleared as okay he splits before the lab hands who are running my samples turn into vampires and i helplessly watch them escape. relieved it's not me who has been transformed, only seconds later i sprout thick grey hair and became a werewolf. so i decide to find my boss and crash his partytime, let him know a pair of vampires are on the loose and see what can be done about my own situation. so he's partying in a stone castle with all this ornate carved hardwood furniture and there's a great dj playing but he's hammered at this point and almost passed out on a table. monster dad sees me and goes on a rant about how great it is that i thankfully didn't become a vampire and won't/can't hear anything i'm saying, while i shake my bushy grey tail in his face all like "now what are we going to do about this?!" he passes out so i figure fuck it, admire my thick silver tail and rock my new fur coat knowing i've got the best outfit in the house. dance the night away.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
Maaik

« Reply #443 on: Nov 04, 2010, 07:17:45 AM »

I dreamed that I went camping with Lewis Black.  I don't remember us having any kind of conversation, but in the dream when I woke up the next morning, he was gone but he'd left a bicycle.  So I hopped on and started pedaling into town (we were right outside of some sort of small mountain/college town/labyrinth) and I spotted him walking down the sidewalk, presumably enjoying the crisp air and the beautiful homes.  Thinking "hey, what a nice guy, I'm going to do something for him," I rode into downtown and spotted a vending machine that sold those Spandex bicycling shirts and got one (for Lewis Black, mind you--not considering that he'd probably never put it on), then I realized that I was going to have to lock it up--and so was he, so I went around the corner to this really big bike shop and found a nice chain and a map of the town so I could mark the location of the bike and drop the map and shirt off at his tourbus/hotel/venue or whatever on my way home.  No idea why I was making it a scavenger hunt, but maybe I thought it would be endearing?  No idea.

Anyway, the takeaway is that Lewis Black is nice enough to lend a guy his bike, and I am creepy enough to hide it and leave clues.

I need anne the man lessons
G.C.R

« Reply #444 on: Nov 04, 2010, 10:46:06 PM »

I dreamed that I went to the toilet in the university, and when I went to flush I realised there was a big hole in the bottom of the toilet bowl ,and when I flushed everything would spill onto the floor. But I thought, man, it is nasty to leave the toilet unflushed, so I did and all this blood and shit spilled out, and then a baby cthulhu crawled out and started pulling itself across the floor towards me with its tentacles. I knew it would jump at me and attach its suckers to my face so I ran down the stairs. By the time I got outside it had already gotten down in the lift and had grown to a giant cthulhu and was rampaging through downtown Wellington, crushing buildings. There were people running everywhere and cars on fire and mayhem. I found my boyfriend and we went to get some cheap balaclavas, because if there were more baby cthulhus coming, we could protect ourselves with the balaclavas because they wouldn't want to attach their suckers to the synthetic woolly material. I knew the giant cthulhu would be looking for me, so I hid in a barn, but it had learned to use a telephone and called me on my mobile and pretended to be the phone company and got me to tell it where I was.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
clare

« Reply #445 on: Nov 04, 2010, 10:50:23 PM »

Didn't Hillary Clinton just visit Wellington? That is my only analysis for you.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #446 on: Nov 04, 2010, 10:53:09 PM »

Despite not listening to any of their albums in a year or more, I had a really, really vivid dream a couple nights ago (I almost never remember my dreams) where I was on-stage with the Replacements, all of us drunk as fuck, performing "Bastards of Young."  My official, critical position is that the 'Mats are a second-tier band, but seriously, it was awesome
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2010, 10:56:13 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #447 on: Nov 04, 2010, 10:55:33 PM »

The other night I dreamt I was a contestant on a new season of top chef and I made two cookies with pumpkin butter slathered in the middle with cool whip on top.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
Anne the Man

« Reply #448 on: Nov 05, 2010, 01:38:17 AM »

I hung out with Ian and Max in my dream last night, Jim. It was pretty cool. I think you were there too. I told Ian not to say the word 'fucking' because he was too young.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
peacocks

« Reply #449 on: Nov 05, 2010, 09:14:51 AM »

Stayed home sick from work today and had a dream that my projectmanager came to my house and pinned me under his truck while driving around in circles lecturing me about how selfish I am while I screamed and sobbed. Then he kept calling me angelic, a perfect angel, sarcastically. He slammed the door when he left and I went to call the office manager to tell her what happened and that I was coming in but my phone turned into a huge screen playing Regis and kelly and I couldn't get it to turn off. 

dick-check your priviledge
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Dreams You HAD
Jump to: