Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 17, 2014, 02:59:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657230 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 78 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: new - newer - news  (Read 33849 times)
elpollodiablo

« Reply #200 on: Oct 02, 2007, 12:10:50 AM »

I'm pretty sure you never get used to being perpetually hungry and getting thumped on by your government's employees

think 'on the road.'
milesofsparks

« Reply #201 on: Oct 02, 2007, 12:50:17 AM »

y'all ever read Freedom from Fear?

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
jebreject

« Reply #202 on: Oct 02, 2007, 01:30:27 AM »

I'm pretty sure you never get used to being perpetually hungry and getting thumped on by your government's employees

qft

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
RavingLunatic

« Reply #203 on: Oct 02, 2007, 02:12:28 AM »

y'all ever read Freedom from Fear?

Nope. There's a large Burmese population in Fort Wayne though. Some of them did a 24-hour hunger strike in protest of the whole situation. Kind of weird really.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
Good Intentions

« Reply #204 on: Oct 02, 2007, 09:18:20 AM »

British Tories keep showing their true colours
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #205 on: Oct 03, 2007, 10:04:09 AM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSN0245259720071003

blind people are bringing a class action lawsuit against target because they can't use their website.  John, watch out, you're next.  First Target, then lptj. 

I think I'm going to bring a class action lawsuit against lptj because the website isn't as accessible to people who have to type with one hand because the other is down their pants.  You might want to consider a cross claim against andrew because his enormous posts make for constant one-handed scrolling, and make one-handed users feel inadequate in comparison.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #206 on: Oct 03, 2007, 10:13:25 AM »

They're so blind they can't see

think 'on the road.'
Nick Ink

« Reply #207 on: Oct 03, 2007, 10:53:23 AM »

It's Prince Harry wannabes like this that give British politics a bad name.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #208 on: Oct 03, 2007, 10:55:45 AM »

Better than the Margie Thatcher wannabes

think 'on the road.'
El_Josharino

« Reply #209 on: Oct 03, 2007, 10:59:13 AM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSN0245259720071003

blind people are bringing a class action lawsuit against target because they can't use their website. 

They tried to click on the Target, but they missed.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #210 on: Oct 04, 2007, 12:19:45 PM »

you know, at first i thought that was bullshit too, but then i remembered that i actually know of a girl who's all over the internet who was born blind. she "reads" websites through the use of a computer program that reads the text to her. she could use this site, no problem.

so i wonder what target did to their site that blocked that sort of use. obviously they did something.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #211 on: Oct 04, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »

she "reads" websites through the use of a computer program that reads the text to her. she could use this site, no problem.

Oooh, I wonder if, on site like this, you could assign different voices to different posters!  I want to sound like LeVar Burton!!

Compendious as hell
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #212 on: Oct 04, 2007, 01:54:52 PM »

you know, that's a totally great question. i always assumed the thing read everything to her in a monotone robot voice, like stephen hawking's voice simulator. but maybe not.

Greg Nog

« Reply #213 on: Oct 04, 2007, 01:58:40 PM »

I call the voice of Ursula The Sea Witch!

POOR

UNFORTUNATE

SOULS
diesel_powered

« Reply #214 on: Oct 04, 2007, 02:01:04 PM »

I call Bootsy Collins, baby!

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
nonotyet

« Reply #215 on: Oct 04, 2007, 02:01:57 PM »

I am now alternately picturing your head on Ursula's body and Ursula's voice coming out of you all regular & it is among the stranger visuals I have had today, Nog. Which is a polite way of saying I will probably have nightmares now.
Good Intentions

« Reply #216 on: Oct 04, 2007, 11:46:07 PM »

you know, at first i thought that was bullshit too, but then i remembered that i actually know of a girl who's all over the internet who was born blind. she "reads" websites through the use of a computer program that reads the text to her. she could use this site, no problem.

so i wonder what target did to their site that blocked that sort of use. obviously they did something.
You also get little braille keypads, where there's a line of buttons that rise and fall to form sentences in braille from text fed into it. They work very well.

The most likely way to make a mess of such systems is to have pictures or Flash animations but no text characters.
Trousers and Pat

« Reply #217 on: Oct 08, 2007, 11:38:44 AM »

The director of the Japan Monkey Center says something along the lines of (my poor translation) "I haven't heard of a tightrope-walking gorilla before.Taking these unecessary actions without coercion... it could be playing"

http://www.asahi.com/life/update/1008/NGY200710080014.html

Slow day for me, how about you guys.

I practice nonviolence, but I preach... ALRIGHT
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #218 on: Oct 08, 2007, 02:58:35 PM »

led zeppelin reunion show promoter hates on ebay, people without credit cards

i guess i should have stopped being shocked years ago that rich entertainment figures have nothing but contempt for the average people who pay their salaries, but shit like this always gets me all over again.

Maaik

« Reply #219 on: Oct 08, 2007, 10:05:12 PM »

led zeppelin reunion show promoter hates on ebay, people without credit cards

i guess i should have stopped being shocked years ago that rich entertainment figures have nothing but contempt for the average people who pay their salaries, but shit like this always gets me all over again.

What the holy living fuck?!  Man, fuck that guy and fuck this:

Those fans who won the right to buy tickets...

Didn't win tickets, but won the RIGHT to PURCHASE them at 125 pounds a pop.

I know a reunited Led Zep's a big deal and whatever, but man, I see this kind of velvet rope, castle mote, king of the mountain fucking exclusivity and it makes me want to tear people in half.  Fuck all those guys.  John Bonham's dead anyway.
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2007, 10:07:01 PM by Maaik » Logged

I need anne the man lessons
elpollodiablo

« Reply #220 on: Oct 08, 2007, 10:08:04 PM »

The crowd at a LZ reunion show must be one of the most ridiculously tragic sights

think 'on the road.'
Good Intentions

« Reply #221 on: Oct 12, 2007, 07:18:54 AM »

The current lowdown on abortion:
A comprehensive global study of abortion has concluded that abortion rates are similar in countries where it is legal and those where it is not, suggesting that outlawing the procedure does little to deter women seeking it.

Moreover, the researchers found that abortion was safe in countries where it was legal, but dangerous in countries where it was outlawed and performed clandestinely. Globally, abortion accounts for 13 percent of women’s deaths during pregnancy and childbirth, and there are 31 abortions for every 100 live births, the study said.
RavingLunatic

« Reply #222 on: Oct 12, 2007, 04:07:54 PM »

That's interesting. I've never really had much of an opinion on abortion really, except that really early-term abortions are harmless and that really late-term abortions probably less so. I've always heard the argument that if you outlaw it it would just go underground, but I never really knew how accurate that claim was. I don't know if it's 100% definitive, but it looks as though this study makes a strong case. It'd've been better if there wasn't a reproductive rights organization co-running the study though.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
dieblucasdie

« Reply #223 on: Oct 12, 2007, 04:11:17 PM »

The current lowdown on abortion:
A comprehensive global study of abortion has concluded that abortion rates are similar in countries where it is legal and those where it is not, suggesting that outlawing the procedure does little to deter women seeking it.

Moreover, the researchers found that abortion was safe in countries where it was legal, but dangerous in countries where it was outlawed and performed clandestinely. Globally, abortion accounts for 13 percent of women’s deaths during pregnancy and childbirth, and there are 31 abortions for every 100 live births, the study said.

While something like this should be a discussion-ender, the sad fact is that pro-life right is perfectly fine with women dying as a punishment for abortion.  And (for some of them anyway), as a punishment for sex, really.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
C of heartbreak

« Reply #224 on: Oct 12, 2007, 04:46:49 PM »

I think, and everyone is going to jump on me for this, but that pro-lifers are more concerned with the (perhaps disputable) fact that abortion is murder. And I can't say when life starts any more than anyone else, but on any other issue most people err on the side of life rather than on the side of rights.

I'm not anti-abortion, but I think the discussion needs to include the very real possibility that abortion is murder, and how we will deal with that legally and ethically.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: new - newer - news
Jump to: