Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 24, 2014, 02:52:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657250 Posts in 9253 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 70 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: You Never Got a Reason, But You Put It On My Tab: New Drunk Thread  (Read 63889 times)
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #200 on: Feb 07, 2008, 12:23:07 PM »

JACK DANIELS IS AN ABOMINATION

IAWTC

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Swimmy

« Reply #201 on: Feb 07, 2008, 10:07:27 PM »

I found a place in Fairfax that sells Julius Echter. Unfortunately it is PROHIBITIVELY EXPENSIVE so nights like these will be rare.

Still enjoying myself!

A Gentile and a tax collector.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #202 on: Feb 08, 2008, 12:44:35 AM »

Ah, sweet Negra Modelo.  Sorry Jim!

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
girl

« Reply #203 on: Feb 08, 2008, 12:54:10 AM »

Newcatstle!

this is a story and you're not in it
dieblucasdie

« Reply #204 on: Feb 08, 2008, 12:58:24 AM »

I loled

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
girl

« Reply #205 on: Feb 08, 2008, 01:00:49 AM »

fuck. I totally didn't even notice that.

El_Josharino

« Reply #206 on: Feb 08, 2008, 02:15:19 AM »

Many drinks tonight.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
El_Josharino

« Reply #207 on: Feb 09, 2008, 05:44:41 PM »

So last night my buddy calls me up and asks if I want to go to a fish fry at a Catholic church. I said sure. He says to bring some beer. I say okay. So we get there, and apparently it's tradition at this place, that while you stand in a line wrapped around the entire building waiting to get in, that you drink beers. Well, last night the line wasn't actually very long, but there were huge hoardes of people just standing outside drinking as though they were in line. So we stood outside, drank a few beers, and then wandered inside. So we go inside, we pay 8 bucks, and they hand us a beer to drink while we're in the food line. When we get up to the front they give us a big plate of fish, slaw, and fries, and another beer. Only the first two drinks are included with the meal, though, after that you had to pay. The food was all you can eat. After that we went to some art gallery that has blown glass displays, because they were having an opening or something, and they also had free beer, wine and appetizers. So that was pretty alright. By now we're feeling pretty warm and fuzzy, but it's only 8:30. My buddy gets the word that a some dudes he knows are going to some club downtown. So we go to meet them there and the place is pretty ritzy and kinda surreal. Waitresses with masquerade type masks on, a couple dressed up as sequined peacocks or whatever. The cheap cocktails are like $6. We're way out of our element as a couple dudes in jeans and tshirts that smell like fish. But we sit down and order a drink, and then the rest of the group arrives and they've got some curtained in private area set up, there are leather couches and the works. They're all dressed up pretty nice too, so we're way out of our element, but nobody minded. We hung out and had a grand time, and someone had a bottle of some kind of fancy vodka delivered to the table with a bucket of ice and some mixers. So we mixed ourselves a few vodka tonics that were mostly vodka with a splash of tonic, and when the bottle was empty another one just showed up. As the night was winding down, I figured I'd better clear the tab I'd started for the drink I bought before the communal vodka showed up, but I felt weird in a place like that closing a tab with like 6 bucks on it, so I ordered another drink and told the waitress to close my tab after that. So she brings me the drink and the tab and the tab is only 5 bucks. I'm like, hey that's cool, I didn't say anything but left a pretty decent tip. And then we vamoosed and I went to work at 6 this morning.

El_Josharino

« Reply #208 on: Feb 09, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »

Oh man, that's longer than I thought. If you don't want to read it, the condensed version is:
I got drunk on mostly free booze.

FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #209 on: Feb 09, 2008, 11:16:55 PM »

earlyspring beer is nummy in my tummy, nummy in my tummy, nummy in my tummy. early spring beer is nummyin my tummy, nummy every day.!

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #210 on: Feb 09, 2008, 11:20:29 PM »

Josh I like how your adventures in drunkening took you from one of the most essentially blue-collar kind of get togethers and then to some swanky bar that I probably couldn't even get into

think 'on the road.'
diesel_powered

« Reply #211 on: Feb 09, 2008, 11:56:42 PM »

OMFG. Holy Name fish fry, right? You lucky bastard.

That was my Friday night spot for years. I'm still shocked the ATF hasn't descended on that place for being too fun.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
girl

« Reply #212 on: Feb 10, 2008, 01:16:44 AM »

Oh man, that's longer than I thought. If you don't want to read it, the condensed version is:
I got drunk on mostly free booze.
. . . again.  Cool

Day off tomorrow (finally). Home drinking a beer after mojitos with friends.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #213 on: Feb 10, 2008, 01:38:34 AM »

There was a sixer of Brooklyn Lager in my fridge that someone left last week. I took it to a party down the street, drank one and a half and left it on a stump in the front yard. Stuff is kind of nasty.

think 'on the road.'
El_Josharino

« Reply #214 on: Feb 10, 2008, 01:53:33 AM »

OMFG. Holy Name fish fry, right? You lucky bastard.

That was my Friday night spot for years. I'm still shocked the ATF hasn't descended on that place for being too fun.

That's the one! It was grand, and it was definitely among the best fish I've had at a fish fry sort of gathering.

The_Tourist

« Reply #215 on: Feb 10, 2008, 03:13:56 AM »

trois pistoles is my friend.

we have the money for missiles and fun
novaheat

« Reply #216 on: Feb 10, 2008, 11:43:11 PM »

I've been on a real sake kick lately. I dunno why.
Antero

« Reply #217 on: Feb 11, 2008, 12:40:09 AM »

I've been on a real sake kick lately. I dunno why.
Because sake is DELICIOUS

When I was in LA for a few months I made a point of hitting up the Japanese market every weekend and grabbing something to taste.  Get the good stuff, chilled.  Junmai.  I like taru-sake types a lot, but that's not for everyone 'cause of the cedar taste.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
El_Josharino

« Reply #218 on: Feb 13, 2008, 09:56:26 PM »

Well fellas. It's Wednesday night which means I have tomorrow off of work. It also means that nobody else has tomorrow off of anything. Which means that I'm just going to wander over to the dive a few doors down and throw back a couple of giant frosty mugs and make conversation with whoever is convenient.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #219 on: Feb 13, 2008, 09:58:05 PM »

Holy fuck

Dudes

dudes

My favorite bar

has fucking

HOPSLAM

on tap

for $5 a glass

I am going to go in there with a $20 tomorrow and get seriously wasted on what is possibly the best beer I've ever had

think 'on the road.'
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #220 on: Feb 13, 2008, 10:13:43 PM »

Advantage: Ohio

Hrumph

However, I got a bomber of Mendocino Talon Barleywine and a 4-pack of North Coast Old Stock Ale at serving temperature and that ought to be enough to put down any man.

Also Mindy's got a bomber of Southern Tier Choklat Imperial Stout which is really really chocolatey and probably ought to be a functional pants repellant.  Yep, things are looking up for old Jimbo tonight.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #221 on: Feb 13, 2008, 10:27:49 PM »

Advantage: Ohio

Hrumph

However, I got a bomber of Mendocino Talon Barleywine and a 4-pack of North Coast Old Stock Ale at serving temperature and that ought to be enough to put down any man.

Also Mindy's got a bomber of Southern Tier Choklat Imperial Stout which is really really chocolatey and probably ought to be a functional pants repellant.  Yep, things are looking up for old Jimbo tonight.

More like advantage: Athens county. The brewmaster at this pub said that there are three half barrels of Hopslam in the sate, and two of them are at Jackie O's. Also the kid that was tending bar when the brewmaster was down in the basement didn't know shit, and was giving me pints when he should've been giving me 10 oz tulips. Fucking. A. Seriously, if you like hops, if you like IPAs, as I do, this shit is worth the $16 for a six pack. Definitely.

How is that North Coast, jimbo? I've had something of theirs, though I can't remember exactly what.

think 'on the road.'
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #222 on: Feb 13, 2008, 10:38:10 PM »

Well you can't actually buy any Bell's products in Illinois, so that's what I meant by Advantage: Ohio.

The North Coast is pretty good, I bought it after a beer tasting on Saturday.  It's an old ale, kind of like a barleywine but really letting the malt lead rather than the hops.  Big BIG alcohol bite.  I'm drinking one now but the glass I'm drinking it out of must have had some detergent residue in it, so I'm getting soap in the nose more than anything, which bugs the crap out of me but I'm still gonna drink it.  A bit more hops would actually help cover up the alcohol flavor a little more but since I don't mind big alcohol flavor I'm enjoying the hell out of it. 

elpollodiablo

« Reply #223 on: Feb 13, 2008, 10:41:30 PM »

Yeah, that's fucked up about Bell's in IL! I remember reading about that shit online some months ago; that breaks my heart, cuz my favorite Chicago bar (Innertown Pub) was the first place I ever had Bell's on tap

Also I cannot STAND that astringent alcohol edge in brew, man, give me that bittering hops any day

think 'on the road.'
DCDave

« Reply #224 on: Feb 14, 2008, 11:35:28 AM »

I was drinking Hopslam the other day and it is sooooo good.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: You Never Got a Reason, But You Put It On My Tab: New Drunk Thread
Jump to: